No announcement yet.

The Centauri Preserve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since there isn't an official orders thread yet, I'll post my temporary orders here. Do they seem ok?

Base locations: (6.108), (5.113), (19.107), (27.105), (30.98)

Some more former orders. You probably won't need them all but you never know:

Former SE of Sheathed Sword, to be assisted by the former in construction in that base:
    Finish the mine. Then move north to condense&road that flat&rainy tile.

Four formers near Terminal Dogma:
    Complete the road to that base; farm&solar (15.67) and forest (17.67) along the road. Then split them in two groups. Group one builds a road to a new base location (try the road to cross the least possible fungus squares). Group two builds a mine&road on (18.68). If finished, build farm/condenser/roads on those flat&moist tiles east of Terminal Dogma.

Three formers near Tacticus Academy
    Two of them finish the condenser. The third builds roads on the flat squares (7.85), (5.87), (6.88-90). If finished, start on another condenser on one of these tiles.

Two former en route to (27.105):
    Complete road to base location. Then build sensor array on future base square. Continue with planting forest on the tile SE of base location. Then build farm/condenser/road on that nutrient tile.

Two formers en route to (19.107):
    Finish road. Then build sensor array on the future base square. Then build farm/condenser/road on the nutrient tile.

Two formers near New Tassagrad (with a third one to come):
    Complete road to that base. Then build a farm on the tile S of New Tassagrad. Then build a road towards the previous group of two formers to complete the "Freshwater Ring" superhighway. Plant some forest when they have spare time.

Two formers near Deus Ex Machina (with third to come):
    Complete farm/solar/road. One former should create a forest E of Deus Ex Machina. The two others are to build a road to new base location (6.108).
    Furthermore my Bureau of Terraformation has sent out prospectors to our all our known lands to determine which regions would be most suitable for intensive agriculture due to high raininess combined with a low (industrially valuable) mineral presence. As a consequence they came up with the following plans to build condensers. What do you think?
    Attached Files
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Central Territory:
      Attached Files

Comment

Eastern Territory:
        Attached Files

Comment

most of those are good, but i'd rather substitute many of them (esp the coastal ones) for boreholes.

Comment

That's indeed a possibility. I could organize a poll: "Do you want boreholes, condensers or fifty-fifty on the indicated squares?" Another way to poll the condenser<->borehole question, besides on a tile-by-tile basis, I don't really see.

Comment

the small dots are other places boreholes would be nice (of course, not all at once)
              Attached Files

Comment

/me sneezes
                some of those might be too high though
                Attached Files

Comment

So you would build boreholes on rainy squares? Based on the Big Huge Terraformation poll I'd say not many will like that. Comments from others?

Anyway, we already have two poll proposals.

Comment

i put boreholes everywhere indiscriminate of raininess. it doesn't matter, because i forest everything else anyways (except the odd condensor). farms are less productive than hybrid forest/tree farm forest tiles, so i skip them

Comment

Drogue I think you are right this is the thread to discuss green and environmental issues beyond party confines. The above discussion is a good example. So just retrieving thread from the depths.
                      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                      X