Kassiopea
    Darkness' Edge
    Kirov
    Mr. President
    Diablero
    Ade
    AdamTG02
    Mellian
    Last edited by Pandemoniak; September 27, 2002, 04:29.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
    "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Sign me up.
    Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

done

Comment

forgot my name

-Mellian

Comment

sorry, let me add it

Comment

Any special terraforming request/idea while I'm preparing th polls?
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Please sign me up!

Comment

There are a lot of ideas circulating about boreholes. May I suggest this thread to write them down in a compact system.

Comment

I would be rather careful with building extensive industry at now. We should depend mainly on forests, I think. Places for boreholes should be chosen with great care, to avoid messing with ecological harmony of the Planet. Do not repeat the mistakes of Earth!

Comment

Director Maniac, digging a borehole in Centauri's ground is wounding severly the Planet in order to get energy from its very blood and flesh. This is totally different to put solars all over the planet.
                    Make sure you remember that when you'll give the order to build a borehole.

Comment

that's great, hug a rainbow ya hippie

BOREHOLES EVERYWHERE!!!

Comment

TKG, you wouldnt laugh when you'll feel Planet's wrath.
                        Dont dig under the grass, smoke it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemoniak
                          Director Maniac, digging a borehole in Centauri's ground is wounding severly the Planet
                          Well yes, this is why I'd like people to discuss the borehole issue in this thread, so that the local residents of the Centauri Preserve can give decent counterweight to the Industrialists, with a sparkling interesting discussion as a consequence.

That's the theory at least.

So get started people! Without some concrete borehole or anti-borehole proposal, I'll probably just build forest about everywhere on rolling & arid (based on the preliminary poll tendencies), and a borehole will be a rare instead of a regular terraformation choice.

Comment

Seriously, I think boreholes should be rather rare improvement. Ecodamage really hurts, and in addition building a single borehole takes ages, so we should think about'em rather later. I suggest giving them up at the moment, building one, maybe two per base after a while, and building many of them outside bases (only for crawling) after a second while.

Maniac, when you don't know what to plant, plant forest.

Ow, and what do you guys think about energy park?

Comment

Sign me up.

About the boreholes: They take quite a while to build and are quite limited in where they can be built, so we probably won't end up building too many, but it would probably be a good idea to make sure we had at least a few units of forest to counter their ecodamage.

Comment

Working...
                              X