First Build queue discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Build queue discussion thread

I, your friendly neighbourhood Director of Base Production, may not be present for the first turnchat if it is sometime on Saturday Nth Hemisphere time, so I need to get a preliminary build queue sussed. It would be fantastic if the relevant Ministers all posted their wishes here, but I am hoping that even without them we can reach a consensus about the first build queue.

So, what is it to be? Scout/scout/garrison/former/colony pod or scout/former/garrison/colony pod or garrison/recycling tanks/colony pod/garrison or what?

Let's hear from the experts. All of you in the signup thread.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Scout/scout/garrison/former/colony pod
    Not that it's really my business (no problems with drones expected in the horizon thus far), but I'd go with that.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Scout/garrison/Recycling Tanks/former/CP.

We don't have much cash, so rushing would be impractical.
      Last edited by Vlad Antlerkov; August 29, 2002, 07:18.
      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Can only directors reply?
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Certainly not! All opinions are welcome, as they help Directors to make more Democratic decisions.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

In that case, is the build queue now to be proposed just for the HQ base or for about all future found bases?

Anyway, for our first base I'd go for Garrison/Colony Pod. Predicting any further is too early IMHO. We don't know when we will discover Centauri Ecology for instance. If that will even be our first tech.

Comment

Assuming all future bases and depending on the underlying terrain....

(No 2 Nut tiles)
              Former/Garrison/CP/Former/CP/Tanks/Commons

(2 Nut tiles)
              Garrison/CP/Former/CP/Former/Tanks/Commons

That's all we'd probably have to be worried about early on.
              Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Once we have the ability:

former/garrison/scout/CP/whatever

But in the first stages:

scout/garrison/CP/whatever
                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

garrison/cp/scout or any other variation of this!?
                  Bunnies!
                  Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                  God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                  'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

garrison/tanks/scout/cp

Comment

Man, there are too many variations on the same theme. My suggestion is that as soon as we have landed the Director organizes a poll simply with the question what will be our first build in our first base. Nothing more. Build queue polls are for when we have several bases IMHO.

Comment

Initial scout goes expolring and we build another. then former then cp.
                        What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

first base:
                          CP/former/scout OR CP/SP

after that
                          former/cp/scout/SP
                          OR
                          former/cp/cp/scout/SP

this is from The Guide, so it's not a BS strategy!

i want to get ecology early. and i'm in a position to do that now

Comment

Depending on the fungal situation near where we land, for our first base either...

Garrison (and quick scouting)/Colony Pod/Former (CE by then, thanks TKG )/Colony Pod/Colony Pod/Tanks/Commons (though maybe not, not sure what kind of a difference Thinker will make)/Secret Project

If the fungus is nice, we can skip the garrison and build the Colony Pod first...if we still need a few turns before CE, we can build it then.

If we don't have Formers by the first Colony Pod, we can build a scout. If we wouldn't be size 2 when Colony Pods finish (we should plan in advance, taking into account terraforming), we can build a scout then the Pod.

For other bases,
                            Former (unless rainy nearby)/Garrison/Pod/Pod/Pod/etc...eventually we may want a second SP base, so then we can do the Tanks and Commons (but we'd have to look at the numbers then, to determine whether building the Commons is better or worse than going straight to the SP and assigning a Doctor when needed. It's a fairly straight-forward calculation)

Usually my kind of exploration is just to send colony pods out (not really caring the kind of terrain nearby, though nice terrain is nice ), and use the garrison to explore the base radius and pop those pods. I'm sure many people don't agree with me, so I guess we'll have to build scouts (but what about Free Market?? I still say that independant is fine, of course it's great if we find a Rover but not worth holding back Free Market for our supported scouts to go run around)

Z

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                              My suggestion is that as soon as we have landed the Director organizes a poll simply with the question what will be our first build in our first base. Nothing more.
                              Well said. This man speals sense, MWIA.

Comment

Working...
                              X