Proposal: Non-Government Organisations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal: Non-Government Organisations

The Civ3 game has an idea that I like, but I think it could be modified.

It has several non-government think-tanks, such as the Adam Smith Foundation for economic policy, and the Machiavelli Institute for foreign policy, which anyone can join and then participate in. These contribute greatly to that game.

I'd like to see non-government organisations here. Perhaps, the standard think-tanks, such as foreign affairs, economics, etc, but also more roleplay-oriented organisations, such as a church, which would also play a role in lobbying (though fulfilling a different purpose to political parties).

To prevent a mass of these organisations, I suggest an organisation would have to have five signatures before being created.

Opinions?

What about a bar, a coffee shop or a rec commons?

Edit: In that place people can post about their cool new avatars etcetera.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Maniac, you are referring to the Off Topic. We could have a Recreation Commons thread there, however... and link to it from here.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

i agree with non-goverment thingy started talking about one long time ago for peacekeeping operations. but then everybody said i was a bad idea
        Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

i still want to propose the Strategic and Tatical advice committee of peacekeeping forces or something like that

STAC for short
          Bunnies!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

I would suggest renaming it to something SMAC-like for example the Command Center/Nexus.

Comment

ok by me but i will be an active member as soon as i have finished the constitution
              Bunnies!

Comment

Well, if we keep the Rec Commons to role-playing, it wouldn't be off topic... I know the CtP MP forum has a Cafe... and we don't even role-play in there! Different forums become different... almost families... so it's not needed to always send it to OT every time just because it doesn't apply to everybody.

I like the idea of a Rec Commons! And put it in this forum so only those SMAC Demo players will participate and role-play.

Also, I like the idea of a Adam Smith group... but that's just me...
                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

i wouldnt call it adam smith group because you will get CCCP on your tail
                  Bunnies!

Comment

Always open to a good debate, however.

Pandemoniak has good ideas, just on the opposite spectrum that I generally sit.
                    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

FlameFlash, good to hear re: rec commons. Since I'm the D of SE, maybe I should get into it?
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Adam Smith -> The Merchant Exchange

Comment

ooh ooh! since i'm director of research...

The Network Node

Comment

but everone needs 5 members to be active. right?
                            Bunnies!

Comment

Right. So, we need two more people (Maniac, me, FlameFlash already) to concur that with us that the Rec Commons will be a good concept.

Comment

Working...
                              X