Director of Terraformation and Colonization Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@ni@c
    Pandemoniak, for the most part I agree with your plan for garrison, two formers and an optional colony pod. However you are forgetting the needs of the Director of Exploration and Intelligence.

I hope that Director will be Lemmy, a member of ACE who supports rapid exploration. That requires some extra scout patrols/rovers besides the usual base garrison. So my suggestion is we build a scout unit in the bases we only have one formers. That satisfies both the needs of us, wanting lots of terraforming capacity, and the needs of the D of Explo&Intel, requiring many scout units.
    Since neither the DoTC nor the DoEI have been elected, I didnt take account of such possibilities. But that might be useful in a campaign, so i will study these possibilities.

[QUOTE]Pandemoniak, you do realize that if you remove many fungus tiles early in the game, that will take formers away from important duties like roadbuilding, forestplanting etcetera and slow down our expansion. Or are already talking about mid-game?? Then I can better understand your point of view.
    You missed my point : removing fungus is only to improve our formers speed. Many times, mindworms or ennemies hide in that fungus, and come to destroy some terraforming, or attack our peaceful bases. As well, for a good exploration, it is better when the center of our faction is clean of fungus.
    To sum up : for the beginning of the gmae, I suggest we remove critical fungus, with the goal to remove all fungus at middle game.

Of course, as soon as we discover D:Flex (if I would be D of TC at that time, which is doubtful), I would post polls asking how many sea formers we should build in our many coastal bases, which bases, etcetera.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
    "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

i see here a great differents between the two candidates on the subject of fungus. cool
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

It's a reverse world. The CDC (green) candidate wants to eradicate all fungus, while the P4 (FM) candidate has a more "let it be" attitude.

Maybe we should switch parties.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Bunnies!
          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Working...
          X