No announcement yet.

P4 annoucement : Morale Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would rather let people die than torturing them myself building a Punishment Sphere.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
    "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

you are all getting a little bit to exsited
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

DBTS talks sense.

So I guess your answer is clear. You would rather let people die than give up your ideals.
        This goes very philosophical. One must compare the amount of suffering and the value of lives; is life under pain worthy life at all? Like is life under slavery worthy life at all?

And I'd like to reiterate that using the policies of the anti-atrocity parties, we wouldn't have to worry that much about conquered bases.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

But the question remains, should we consider Punishment Spheres as an atrocities.

Comment

why the Planet councel doesnt in the game. (does it? )
            Bunnies!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

No, in the game they dont take it as atrocities. But it doesnt mean it is not unethical. After, the PK decide themselves what is ethical or not, and they do it right here

Comment

I think it is a little bit of a backstab to this discussion now you force a desiscion on the subject that maybe will change during the coarse of the game
                Bunnies!

Comment

It's a tough question. Personally, I would rather build the punishment sphere than let people die. Reason: Torture is a better fate than death. But the other argument is: Torture is wrong in al circumstances. You do not create the famine, so that is not your fault, but if you tortured citizens to restore order during the famine you are guilty of transgression.

The second argument holds some weight with me; however, I personally believe that letting people die is a greater transgression.

However, I don't believe in no-option circumstances. In the situation discussed, there is one more option which is better than either of the above: Let the riots continue. Massive disorder, and inevitably some deaths, but not on the massive scale that would result from starvation.
                  Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

In this scenario, the PS would be only temporary. As soon as the war is finished and could build some entertainments facilities, the PS could be removed. It is only necessary to resotre order during the assimilation period.
                    Member of the P4 party in the SMAC democracy game
                    Running for foreign affairs

Comment

I like this Idea
                      Bunnies!

Comment

We still haven’t heard from the ACE, and their opinions on the topic of atrocities are more diverse than those of the CDC. The Fundamentalist Faction will oppose any use of it whatsoever, I’m not certain about the Hawks, but I do know that their candidate for Director of Science is in favor of nerve gas
                        , etc. (though I do want to double check on that).
                        that would be me, and i would never rule out atrocities, you never know what situation you may find yourself in.
                        Although i don't think it's an appropriate first strike weapon, i feel we shouldn't rule it out as a possible means of survival.
                        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Working...
                        X