No announcement yet.

P4 annoucement : Morale Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, anti-atrocity morale knights from CDC and ACE, I have a question for you all.

Suppose our peaceloving faction is involved in a war started by those capitalist pigs of Morganites or those wretched unbelievers of Universitarians. Naturally they only agree to a peace treaty if we give them an impossible amount of money of 1600 credits. Note: there are 1603 credits on the government's energy bank account. Therefore it was decided that military action against the enemy was needed. We just captured a large enemy base, population size 13. Unfortunately our careless soldiers destroyed every anti-drone structure in the base in their understandable after-victory night party. The next morning we discover that the base will riot if we don't act. No less than 9 drones!! Too many to be countered by police units or rushing all kinds of anti-drone structures. The most obvious choice would be to recruit doctors/empaths to counter the drones. To do that however we need to take workers from the field. As a consequence there will be food starvation (a shortage of 10 food). Dear idealist CDC'er/ACEr, what would you do if you were Commissioner of the Peacekeeping Forces:

a) Give the enemy 1600 credits for peace. As a consequence of course our economy will be ruined and then our own one million PK citizens are defenseless against the belligerent Spartans at the other side of our little empire.
    b) Recruit empaths. As a consequence of course 50000 people will die.
    c) Initiate martial law and build a punishment sphere. As a consequence of course your "high ideals who I will always upkeep" will be damaged.

I'm looking forward to your answer.

M@ni@c
    Member of P4, a realist centrist party
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

that's a good one. i'm interested to see what happens

Comment

Really an interesting question Maniac
        Member of the P4 party in the SMAC democracy game
        Running for foreign affairs

Comment

C); and though I wouldn’t be the one making the decision, I’m going for science and so it doesn’t concern me really. And though the party and CDC are officially against Punishment Spheres as far as I know, I’m certainly not nearly as opposed to it as others might be.

(and I really don’t see what’s so wrong with using them, but again that is just me, and I’m not the one who makes the decisions)
          You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

i don't know the answer myself, but here's a screenshot to prove it can happen. notice nutrient production is 0.
            Attached Files

Comment

We can all play the "what if"-game, too bad I can't conjure up a scenario suiting my needs at the moment.

Anyways, like I've mentioned somewhere before, nerve stapling is an option in a severe crisis.
              Also using colony pods and temporally increasing the psych rate could be used to help the situation.

One can also ask, WTF we were doing conquering that base in the first place; was it a necessary defensive action?
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Voltaire
                (and I really don’t see what’s so wrong with using them, but again that is just me, and I’m not the one who makes the decisions)
                But... but... you would be committing an atrocity!

Comment

Originally posted by M@ni@c

But... but... you would be committing an atrocity!
                  Your point being?

(again I’m not part of the CDC or LSD morality-wing; research that’s what I’m in for)

Comment

temporally increasing the psych rate could be used to help the situation
                    And cripple economy and research rate of our entire faction only to restore order in one base ?

Comment

Originally posted by Voltaire

Your point being?

(again I’m not part of the CDC or LSD morality-wing; research that’s what I’m in for)
                      Hmm... I'm sure I could dig up official quotes from both the CDC and ACE coalitions that they will NEVER use atrocities, not even a single one punishment sphere. Such immoral deeds! I find it disturbing how easily you guys changed your mind on this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliennew

And cripple economy and research rate of our entire faction only to restore order in one base ?
                        As Kass said nerve stapling is not out of the question in extreme circumstances, so why would building a Punishment Sphere be out of the question in this case???

Comment

Originally posted by M@ni@c

Hmm... I'm sure I could dig up official quotes from both the CDC and ACE coalitions that they will NEVER use atrocities, not even a single one punishment sphere. Such immoral deeds! I find it disturbing how easily you guys changed your mind on this matter.
                          Sure, be my guest...

Comment

Temporally, maybe, until we can reduce the pop by Colony Pods. Getting in to war and going around conquering big bases eventually cripples economy and research too, you know.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

so why would building a Punishment Sphere be out of the question in this case???
                              Because the official stance of the CDC seemed to be anti-PS, especially the CCCP.

Comment

As Kass said nerve stapling is not out of the question in extreme circumstances, so why would building a Punishment Sphere be out of the question in this case???
                                Well the PS would have to be scrapped as soon as problems have eased off and we have shipped the dissidents away in CPs. I still prefer NS over PS to get the time to do this tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X