Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One consideration is that if you're running Free Market you won't be able to go around popping pods... and on a Huge maps there are a huge amount of pods.
    Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

Adam is right, and we may even get more research by pod popping than by normal research, on a huge map.

Tassadar is right too, what's the point to have five new technologies a turn if we spend all our energy and minerals to get more and more and more science. I totally value Knowledge, but with a restriction : it is only a need for happy citizens. It is not in order to get as much technologies as we can.

About switching to Free Market for a while, I stand definetly against it, for diplomatic reasons. We would drive both the Planet and Lady Deirdre (she looks cute when she's angry, though... but this is quite off topic) mad, and thus we wouldn't be able to keep peace around us.
      Last edited by Pandemoniak; August 10, 2002, 07:40.
      "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
      "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

One can pop pods under FM. Use probe units. We wouldn't spend all our energy at research. We would stay at 50/50, so we'll have a large enough energy income to rush-buy should that be required.
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTG02
          One consideration is that if you're running Free Market you won't be able to go around popping pods... and on a Huge maps there are a huge amount of pods.
          even though it is 2219, i had already conquered my continent. i was on the middle continent on huge planet map. in this game, deirdre was the 2nd most powerful faction, but all the way over at the jungle, and only has impact weapons. Cha is on the L contient with morgan, and is researching information networks. Nothing to worry about.

Comment

I'm currently playing a Transcend PK game on the same map as well. I started on the Borehole Continent, but I'm trapped between the Believers and Hive (Can it be worse? ), slowing down my expansion possibilities.
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Guys, this is not a thread where to talk about the SP games you are playing, this the Democracy Game CCCP thread.

Comment

Comrades, the elections are now finished, and results were very close. Crisler has been elected as our Commissionner. Though the CCCP was supporting the CDC candidate, Darkness' Edge, we respectfully salutes Crisler's Victory.

Commissioner Crisler wrote:
                To this end I wish to call for a Constitutional Committee to be formed. I ask the leaders of each Party, yes folks Party not Coalitions, to be members of this committee.

Though I have funded the CCCP, I prefer to be called Comrade Founder or Comrade Foreman than "leader of the CCCP".

Now what questions should we discuss at this commitee ?

1. Forbidding Punishment Spheres
                j/k

1. Numbers, specific tasks and specific powers of the directors.
                2. Specific tasks of the Commissioner.
                3. Representative Assembly.

Any other suggestions, comrades ?
                Last edited by Pandemoniak; August 10, 2002, 18:13.

Comment

1. Forbidding Punishment Spheres
                  Sorry to get in your thread Pande, but the constitution will only contain how the government will function, not morale policy of our faction.
                  Member of the P4 party in the SMAC democracy game
                  Running for foreign affairs

Comment

I dont mind if you post in our threads, as long as its not totally off topic.

Julien, j/k means just kidding.

Comment

I second "Comrade Foreman" or even just "Foreman". As far as an initial agenda goes, the three items you suggest as being on the table should be enough to keep everyone busy for a while.
                      btw: How the heck did Crisler win?? (He seems like a nice guy and everything, but geez...)

Comment

I am thus waiting for your suggestions

I dont know how Crisler won, but he's likely our ally about punishment spheres and atrocities. He's a man who can be trusted about that.

Comment

I'd like to join the CCCP

Altough I prefer Police State to Democracy (I like the support bonus, and the police bonus isn't too bad either), Democracy is pretty nice too. Count me in (please)

Comment

Re: I'd like to join the CCCP

Originally posted by Gnool
                            Altough I prefer Police State to Democracy (I like the support bonus, and the police bonus isn't too bad either), Democracy is pretty nice too. Count me in (please)
                            Welcome to the CCCP

Also....we cannot allow Police State. Because of our current faction, Police state is an option we will never achieve.
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Seeing P.S. can't be chosen then I guess democracy is fine. Woohoo I'm in the CCCP
                              Last edited by Gnool; August 12, 2002, 06:33.

Comment

Welcome in the CCCP, Gnool !

Comment

Working...
                                X