No announcement yet.

Choosing the First Comissioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

um, so terms go by months and not game-turns?

Comment

Hang on. Good point... but as I suggested the first term, with only the Commissioner and A-Talent elected, should take a given time since we won't have the game played at all... considering a turn-based term system might be a good idea though.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Crisler
        Greetings, I gree you all and pray are you enjoying peace in your life and blessings from our Mighty God and Savior.

Fundementalist Faction
        Why would I vote for a fundamentalist person? I am a scientists and a journalist, not a religious preacher.

(Maybe this question belongs in a presidential thread? Although we should hold off on the elections.....lets first get the game sorted out )
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I'll throw my name in.

Personally, I don't like the idea of electing a Commissioner before a cabinet, and I'd prefer to see us follow the Civ2 example, but I'll stand anyway, because I'm already VP of the Civ2 game, and because I've got plenty of time on my hands at the moment.

Basically, I just want to get this up and running, make sure the people have input into every decision, and I'm not really interested in party loyalties.

And plus, this was my idea.
          Last edited by Darkness' Edge; August 5, 2002, 03:42.

Comment

cool that number 4.......but how did civ2 did it than.......can you explain....maybe we all can learn from that....but I do not like the idea of copying it because it is a totally different game.
            Bunnies!
            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I know they're completely different games, I'm just referring to the basic workings of the game.

In the Civ2 game, the President and however many ministers are necessary, are all elected directly. The President plays the game, the Vice-President runs elections, and all the ministers poll the people on the right courses of action, which the President then plays out.

It's simple, and everyone has the greatest say. It also gives everyone a say in every poll. I find some of the ideas that have been suggested, such as having several tiers of council, with posts handpicked by the President, or having a seperate High Council, voting among themselves a little...silly...not to mention, evading part of the point of a democracy game.

Comment

i must agree with this plan now everone has something to say.
                but the plan that ministers can act without polls has some thing that are ok the were elected to do something so maybe we could have a high counsel with small power
                Bunnies!
                God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

I agree with Darkness' Edge.
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

so its going to be as in civ2 but how long will everyone be in office? gameturns or realtime days?
                    EDIT:
                    I think 30 gameturns or one month in realtime this is for all the elected persons not only the commissioner
                    Last edited by DeathByTheSword; August 5, 2002, 12:50.
                    Bunnies!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                      so its going to be as in civ2 but how long will everyone be in office? gameturns or realtime days?
                      EDIT:
                      I think 30 gameturns or one month in realtime this is for all the elected persons not only the commissioner
                      In the Civilization III democracy game, we do one month and find it to be effective.

30 gameturns would be waay too long to have someone be president.
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

ok
                        Bunnies!

Comment

when will we stop accepting nominations? how about 5:00 GMT tuesday?

who's nominated so far? DBTS, Kass, Crisler, and Darkness' Edge?

Comment

Ade, while you're adding Darkness' Edge to the list of candidates, please remove me.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

i taught more about wensday evening......

EDIT: kass why that?
                              Bunnies!

Comment

I simply don't have the time. I'll be here every now and then spewing ideas and suggestions, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X