Ministers / Advisors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leland
    Does the Minister of Energy and Industry decide all by himself what the bases should be building? That gives him huge powers, because he can decide whether to build military units, crawlers, colony pods, or base facilities... then again, I suppose that if he cannot negotiate with other ministers very well it will be remembered in the next election.
    i think that the directors of military, terraforming, and colonisation would request that certain bases build things, and the rest of the time, the director of E&I builds base facilities. Should we create a separate director for secret projects, or just leave it to the director of E&I?

Comment

• why dont we make a minister of defense (overall defense/unitdesign/unit building) and a tatical officier (moving the units in time of war)

and the M of E and I must not be the only one that make the building orders he says what he wants in with bases (buildings) and the others says what the want (M of D armyunits M of T terraformers) and the president or a poll decides what will be build in the cities that different ministers want to use....what about this?
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

• i think that everything relating to military should be left to the director of defence.

as for the I&E, maybe the president (or alpha talent?) should decide. right now they really doesn't have many decisions to make.

Comment

• i agree (but you could have read that already 2 replys up )
          Bunnies!
          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

• oh

i only paid attention to poll part i guess.

Comment

• Hmm.. and as for Lemmy's suggestion, that would make the game far too slow. Like pointed before, the commissioner of Defense can always ask for counselling concerning the units, and co-operation with other commissioners is always fruitful.
              You make my life and times
              A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

• I think the Commissioner or Alpha Talent should have as little power as possible; mostly filling in what the Directors didn't anticipate or tell him. That's why it sounds better to have the directors capable of figuring out by themselves (with the help of the people, of course) what to do. I can see two possible solutions:

1) There could be one director whose job is to decide which "directorate" gets to decide what and where to build. For example if Director of Defence wants to build a Planet Buster and Director of Industry wants to build a tree farm, he can choose between the two.

2) Directors could negotiate and try to reach a consensus. I figure this work out somehow like this: all directors post their suggestions of what to build and where to the forum. Some bases might have only one build proposal, so in those cases there's no question about what to do. In cases where several directors want to build something in a base, a public vote is held and that decides. If there's no time for a poll or if the poll result is ambiguous, the Commissioner can improvise.

Uhm. Sounds kind of bureacratic.

Comment

• Hmm... if Leland's suggestion #1 was used, then we might have the Commissioner to choose the VP for himself. But it has the danger of power shifting too much on one party.

Comment

• i like 1 better. maybe this new director is just the alpha talent? that way if we go with the runner up in the commissioner election, it would eliminate the problem with one party having all the power.

how did they do it in civ2?

Comment

• OTOH, if it's the runner up and his views differ from those of the elected Commissioner, they might face conflicts that hinder the gaming process...

Comment

• IIRC the procedure in Civ2 was to have the runnerup act as the Alpha Talent, erm I mean vice president. It's worked out pretty well. The Alpha Talent and Commissioner won't have such influence over things that they'd have problems with ideologues. Of course, if the system doesn't work then a new one can be implemented.
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Hmm.
                          Well, I'm in for trying that. So, runner-up as Alpha Talent I say.

Comment

• Wait wait wait... you guys want to have Alpha Talent decide when Directorate disagrees? That would give the runner-up practically the most power in the whole faction, I'm not really sure how it can work out.

Comment

• no, i meant what did they do in civ2dg to decide who built what where?

Comment

• Built... you mean cities, city improvements or terrain improvements (by settlers in civ/terraformers in AC) ?

Comment

Working...
                                X