political parties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social engineering

While I can't speak for the EDP, as new members may disagree with me on social engineering issues, this is what I personally would tend to favor early on:

Democracy for early growth
    Planned for more growth and to offset Democracy's support costs
    Knowledge for research and efficiency

After our population is fairly established, I would advocate switching to Green for paradigm economy, so that we can devote all available funds to research. I'd also eventually support Eudaimonia to get the invaluable +2 Econ bonus and regain some of the lost growth.

All in all, this is sounding a lot like the CCCP, at least early on. Maybe our parties could work out some sort of coalition arrangement?
    Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

Whoa. So many parties. I really do think that a party should have, say, a certain percentage of the registered D-game members in it's ranks before it's in any way official. If we have twenty members, then two per party (10 percent), if we have one hundred, then ten per party. We could modify the percentage of course, but what I'm trying to say is that we should avoid situation where we have dozens of parties roaming around. They are pretty ineffective, and do not form any 'bloc's that could actually make something pass or shift the votes in a poll.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

i agree and i think 10% is pretty good that means no more then 10 parties. and you ofcourse do not have to be a member of a party if you do not want to but it could be handy
        Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Well like in RL, if you can become the candidate of some very large party, you can guarantee some votes with that. And if the smaller parties don't co-operate, the large one(s) will overwhelm them. That's politics.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

RL?

Yep, some smaller parties might have "election-alliances" and so forth...

and, to put it short, I'll explain some of the principles of LSD

Game-wise, our ideologies aren't too far from those of P4 or EDP.
            What would be our SE-preferences are:
            Democracy
            Free Market / Green (which ever suits the current situation best)
            Knowledge (flexible on both other choices if the situation requires so)
            Eudaimonia

...Hmh. I'm feeling quite sleepy now. I will i will i will i will post more about LSD when I feel more fit for the job.

btw, could someone post all the Future Society SE-choices and what they do! It's so long since I last played that I don't remember them all correctly...
            You make my life and times
            A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

Here there are Ade :

Cybernetic : +2 efficiency / +2 planet / +2 research / -3 police / The SP "Network backbone" cancel the malus of -3 police

Eudémonia : +2 economy / +2 growth / +2 probe / -2 morale

Psychic control : +2 morale / +2 police / +2 probe / - 3 support / The SP "Cloning vats" cancel the malus of -3 support

Edit : Thanks for the precisions TKG
              Last edited by Juliennew; August 5, 2002, 22:47.
              Member of the P4 party in the SMAC democracy game
              Running for foreign affairs

Comment

Hmmm. I might join LSD (Green wing).

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemoniak
                  Lets sum up :

There's the Fundamentalist Party : one member unti now, CRISLER. They support God's words.

There's the Liberal Social Democrats, LSD, led by ADE. Their social agenda doesnt seem very clear to me.

There's the Poly Party of Progress and Prosperity, P4, led by M@NIA@C, joined by DBTS.

There's the Exploration and Discovery Party, led by ADAM

There's the Capital Party, dedicated to Free Market and Trade, led by MR. PRESIDENT

There's the Centaurist Democrats, ecologist and democrats, led by DARKNESS EDGE.

There's the EE party (Eradicate Everyone). I forgot who leads it.

Since no party attracts me enough, Ill found my own : this is the Centauri Communist Citizen's Party (aka CCCP). Since Communism failed wherever it has been applied on Earth, we take Planet as a new chance. We (well, Im the only memeber until now, but whatever) support democracy, planned, knowledge and eudaimonia. Our goal is to take this second chance, and to create the first totally democratic, devoted to citizen's happiness, and marxist party. CCCP.
                  COMMUNISM FAILED FOR A REASON!
                  "Pact brother, why are those planet busters heading towards my base?!!!!" -Brother Lal
                  Member of the Hawk panty.
                  "I wear my underwear over my pants." -Emvepe

Comment

nevermind. for some reason, my post came several hours after juliennew's even though it didn't show up to me until after i posted this.

thought control is -3 support IIRC

Comment

the HAWK PARTY is open for bussiness! it was quite successful in the c3dg, and i thought some people might be interested here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Emvepe
                        True peace can NEVER be obtained until all opposition
                        I could have said that. could this be a party for me?.....

No one said the party would mindlessly declare war on everyone. The party would do whatever fit it best in the situation... ie pact with a faction to destroy another then backstab pact brother afterwards.. We will even go as far as to using the dreaded planet buster if it is nescessary to complete our ultimate goal!
                        ...but no. they have no HONOR. :
                        My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

CCCP??
                          Count me In! (making the CCCP the Leading Party BTW :=) )
                          PopBoom, Prosperity for the Worker Class, Industry

Lets build some Factories my Happy Dornes
                          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Emvepe

COMMUNISM FAILED FOR A REASON!
                            Did it ? The real marxist system has never been applied, and Chiron is our chance !
                            "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
                            "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

I must say that Pande is right here. but why do you think you can build the workers Utopia???
                              Bunnies!
                              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain
                                making the CCCP the Leading Party BTW
                                no its not

Comment

Working...
                                X