No announcement yet.

SMAC demo game factions/smac or smax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that I know. Will it look good by the way? A floating city, but a perimeter defence on the ground??
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

if it could be made so the city didn't float...

Comment

ok where are going to be pk but can we change the name and the face....?
        Bunnies!
        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

change it to markos?

i like that logo maniac posted.

Comment

me too but with different colours maybe?
            Bunnies!
            Welcome to the DBTSverse!
            God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
            'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

...nah, I'd say just keep the images as they are. After all, a normal citizen wouldn't even see that face quite often since the President does the playing stuff. And it might make it more complex to pass on the save-games to the next player.
              You make my life and times
              A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

Good point.
                Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

meh, i guess.

Comment

The factions used are saved in the save file, so if we make changes to the text of the PKs, for example change the diplomatic text or Lal to Markos, only the first High Commissioner needs to have the changed text file on his computer while setting up the game.

Graphics are a different thing. They aren't saved in the file. Those always need to be present on your computer. So all citizens who would want to see the changed graphics on their computer would need to download a changed PK-file, replace their original PK-file and of course store a back-up of the original PKs.

In other words, citizens who don't want changed graphics simply don't need to download them and will see the original PK graphics when looking at the demo game. Everyone can decide for themselves what they want.
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I'm noticing Morgan is the second most popular faction right now.

Morgan is relatively good on Thinker (as opposed to other difficulties), because with 1 police unit his cities don't get drones until Hab Complex, making it easy to get the requisite bae facilities. After you get the HGP, you can also run Free Market without risking a drone riot in those cities.
                      Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

Peacekeepers seems like the best fit to the nature of a demo game. It doesn't push you toward a specific channel, like Spartans, University or the Believers, so choosing PK will mean that the nature of our faction wouldn't effect whether builders or momentum players carry any individual vote.
                        What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

Working...
                        X