No announcement yet.

New Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So one of your team mates works in your office as well. Must have been quite a strategy break between the job.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

So:

Back to the discussion re a new forum

I'd say "Yes", just to get the clutter of this one out of the way. We won't attract new players to the teams if they see Threads devoted to Angels, CyCon, Drones, Gaians, Hive, Morgan, PEACE, PUT and Sparta

(You get the picture .............. )

Utter confusion

Comment

I prefer sheeps than ducks in term of humour. Even as computer games have tendency to ridicule ducks as animals.
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Perhaps this forum should be archived then?
          Play hangman.

Comment

So one of your team mates works in your office as well. Must have been quite a strategy break between the job.
            Spam break actually. Take a look at the list of posters I put on, here's a hint. My friend didn't make much of an impact on the gameplay, but certainly did postcount wise.

Comment

*cough* ACPSG *cough* unused forum *cough*
              SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Second that idea, that Police state game is dead, wipe that forum clean and use it for ACDGIII
                Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

If it is not too much of a trouble I would prefer ACDGIII be separated from the ACPSG. Although it is not active right now, somebody may want to reactivate it in the future. And it does have some content that are different from the team games.

As for my title, it was a Christmas gift from Ming, Googlie. And yes, since I don't think "HongHu Duckalot" sounds very good for a girl I've chosen to go with the more ordinary title to show my wish of staying young forever.
                  Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Oh man...."ducks"?

But to keep this post on-topic: I am impartial to whether or not the new ACDG gets a new thread or not.

I'll just go with the flow.
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I support the new forum idea, since I do not wish to read the clutter of the old ACDG.

Comment

Provided this forum was archived, I see no problem with starting a new forum for ACDGIII and quite a few advantages. Clean slate.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                          Second that idea, that Police state game is dead, wipe that forum clean and use it for ACDGIII
                          Noo!!! Not content with killing my dream of actually returning to a single faction game, you want to destroy it completely where we agreed to come back to it at some point?!

Are you really all just trying to do everything possible to piss me off?! First the ACPSG dies, then the next game is going to be another bloody team game, then all the crap about not wanting to change over a simple tect file or two and now this!

What next? Ban me from the forums?
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

What next? Ban me from the forums?
                            We force you to take the pledge Honghu posted.

Comment

Whatever, if you people see a need for a new forum, then fine - just as long as this one gets archived. I have the need to dig up my old directories from time to time for certain reasons.

Comment

On second thought lets just keep using this forum for all Democracy Games, its simple and direct and easy for new players to find their way into this place. We should make shure all the toped threads are relevent to the CURRENT game though so as to cause no confusion ( I have seen a few newbies asking if they could join Pirates or Cycon in this game ). We need a thread titled

ABOUT THE CURRENT ACDGIII

which will explain a brief history of all previous democracy games and the differnces in this one, thus helping to prevent confusion.
                                Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                                X