Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next ACDG: Lower chopper movement points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drogue
    Voted no. I want to keep the game pretty much as usual, to see different styles. It was built that way, it was intended to be played that way, and so be it
    Originally posted by HongHu
    I voted no. The main reason I would not advocate major changes like this is that there are different levels of people who are involved in the demo game and some of them want to learn from watching other people play. If something is changed drastically the play strategies and styles would definitely be changed and the purpose of learning and teaching may not be served very well.
    Actually after MMI you almost solely see chop & drop tactics. So if you want to see different playing styles and strategies and actually learn something new, reducing chopper power seems the way to go.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I can see its merit. It may require at least a couple real good players in each team though, so that they can explore the best strategy with the new changes in mind.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

The results are pretty clear.

How about a follow-up poll with the following questions:

Should we reduce chopper movement points by
        a) two (current situation), or
        b) go even further and say "three less MPs"

And:

Should the prerequisite tech for the Cloudbase Academy be changed to a later tech?
        a) Yes
        b) No
        If a majority votes yes, to which tech would you want to move it?
        a) Advanced Spaceflight
        b) N-Space Compression
        c) Write-in
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Yes

Comment

Yes to the current poll, or yes to the new poll? Or Yes the band?

Play hangman.

Comment

LOL

yes to 2 new polls

> Chopper movement (reduce by 3)

> Move the CA later in the tech tree

(my pref would be N-Space as Adv Spaceflight already brings with it the Living Refinery SP)

Comment

No to ALL rules changes

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                X