Role playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You couldn't wait to see how I reply.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
      You couldn't wait to see how I reply.
      you are agenius
      "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

Well, that was on my mind. I wanted to see the answer. However that is only part of the truth.

Chiron with wandering Empaths may be a dangerous place for people who are not skilled in shielding their thoughts. I have heard that Empath Guild is going to be on Chiron. So... underground? Hong Hu, some department of DA may find you a valuable member.
        Mart
        Map creation contest
        WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Actually, Yeah. Why to ban Empath Guild? Let's leave it on for this game.
          Mart
          Map creation contest

Comment

Because it means we get planetary council and all commlinks way too early and it practically gifts someone governorship. It's a very unbalanced SP, especially that early on.
            Smile
            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

So Empath Guild may be roleplayed only. Undrground. With it's structure. Great Empath Master. Disciples. Rituals...
              Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

Move it back a bit? Wait, that means editing the .txt.
                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I'd say do what almost every PBEM I've seen does - make it unavailable.
                  Smile
                  For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                  But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Yeah, Empath is powerful, and people fear them ... But really it's not like once you are an Empath you know everything. It has to be the right moment, right circumstance ... Sometimes you feel the strongest minds among others, sometimes you can only tell part of the truth, sometimes you just have a vague feeling that is hard to grasp, even comprehend ... When Empathy powers are gathered collectively, their power would increase exponentially and it maybe true that that power would be too unbalancing for the world. Yes we always need to be very careful with the power we have ...
                    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by mart7x5
                      Actually, Yeah. Why to ban Empath Guild? Let's leave it on for this game.
                      Even better... give it to the DAs at the start of the game!
                      *ducks*
                      Trithemius
                      ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

DAs? Why? You guys should get Nethack Terminus. The Empath should go to the faction that is the most 'in tune' with their feelings and nature. That would be the Gaians, of course. Plus, how many of you have read Hydro's PBEM stories? Yang is a merciless hunter of Empaths and Transcendi

Comment

AFAIK Hive is not included in next DG... sofar!
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Ouro_827
                              Yang is a merciless hunter of Empaths and Transcendi
                              Didn't you know that Yang was sabortaged by an unamed self-claimed transcendi back when we haven't even landed?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Self-claimed transcendi? Sounds familiar. Isn't it 001101110000111010110001?
                                He who knows others is wise.
                                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X