#acdg ¤Demogame IRC-channels¤

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #acdg ¤Demogame IRC-channels¤

#acdg has been found by the GAIAN faction to serve as an irc-channel for all alpha centauri demogamers.

The channel is open for all and its purpose is to bring members from different factions together for free chat, its sort of like a real time rec commons.
    In this thread I hope to discuss about the policies used on #acdg. Whos going to be op, what topics are allowed etc .Also if you have some questions about how to do stuff or you have some tips to share, by all means speak out.

You are of course free to promote your own factions chat channels!

Here are the short instructions to connect to our irc channel

1) Go to www.mirc.com, download mIRC(or some other irc-client, trillian for example) if you dont have it, and install it
    2) click on the options button (second from left)
    3) click on "Add" button
    4) enter the following in the fields
    Description: Apolyton
    IRC Server: apolyton.net
    Port: 6667
    and then click on "Add"
    4) Fill in the fields: Real Name, E-mail, Nickname, Alternate(in case the first nick is taken) and press "Connect!"
    5) mIRC will connect you to the server and the Channels Folder will appear. Type #acdg, press "Add" to store it, and then press "Join".
    You're in!

------------------------------------------------------------

We, the Gaians have already established our own channel #gaians due to inherited cycon efficiency algorithms

You are most warmly welcomed to check our channel out too before it becomes password protected.

See you at the cyber rec commons, #acdg!
    Last edited by laurentius; April 17, 2004, 12:29.
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Remember, being Gaian is good not only for you, or your body, but also for the all ACDG!

For those with MoO settings:
    Remember, being Gaian is good not only for you, and your body, but also for the all ACDG!

And please do visit the channel!
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Obs and lauri at the Gaian channel surrounded with beautiful women and some drunken bodyguards
      Attached Files

- Paul Valery

Comment

At this time:
        Apolyton Server's down.

Comment

No it is not. It works prefectly.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

We not get signal.

Damn thing keeps timing out, I've tried my chat client AND the javascript on the 'poly site.

Comment

Then it is problem in your computer, and not in Apolyton. Have you thought about that?

Comment

Use catzilla.

Less fus, more cat.

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

/me wonders what chatrooms Jamski is going to...
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
                    Then it is problem in your computer, and not in Apolyton. Have you thought about that?
                    Later today I found my ISP blocked port 6667 for some reason.
                    Stupid ISP.

Comment

Get a new ISP

And Skanky...

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Is this chat worth hanging out in?

Or is it a spam chat?
                          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

It most definately is

- Paul Valery

Comment

Ok when I get a chance Ill pop in there, been pretty busy lately with Civ3 Demo Game commitments....
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                              X