No announcement yet.

Next ACDG: Roleplaying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I DID read the thread carefully, and although the few who had posted to that point said that they supported roleplay being required but not enforced, that still seemed dangerously nebulous to me, and how could I tell how others would take the poll? I am a little more encouraged that basically everyone has the same idea - roleplay is fine, but should not be obligatory.

Come to think of it though, what are we really voting on here? That each team must involve some amount of roleplay in their decisions/team forums/inter-team communications? What if the person responsible for such things is a turnplayer and does not want to roleplay? Should we exclude them from being in any position or force them to toe this line? I would really hope not.

What I think everyone is trying to say is that they like roleplay being around as long as no-one is told they have to do it. Did we need a poll for that?
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I think the reason for this poll, MWIA, is because the Drones team in the current ACDG has not roleplayed much. Dispite that this has been pre-accepted, many players still complains about it.

I myself supports the view that roleplay should be encouraged but not required.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
        I think the reason for this poll, MWIA, is because the Drones team in the current ACDG has not roleplayed much. Dispite that this has been pre-accepted, many players still complains about it.

I myself supports the view that roleplay should be encouraged but not required.
        OK HongHu, thanks. That explains where the initiative for the poll comes from, but still does not really go towards defining what the poll MEANS when it ends.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I agree this poll is not constructed to generate the most meanful result. And that's why I believed that we need to define what we really want more clearly.

The MZO civ demo game has a very good pledge article. I think perhaps we should borrow some ideas from there.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I think its a good idea to make Role Playing a Team level responsibility, just as its a teams responsibility to get the turn sent on Time so too would it their colective responsibility to put out some minimum level of interaction with others. Its most likly NOT the job of the turn player or even a senior desision making member, just a job realy for some enthusiastic person who likes that faction. The best way is to simply enshure a good number of RolePlayers are recruited and so far the game seems to be moving in that direction as RolePlayers were for the most part the ones who started the Faction HeadQuarters Threads and have beat the drums of Recruitment for each faction.
            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
            X