Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was an answer to your post dear Function. Joint victory means permpact, no?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Joint victory does indeed mean a permapact, and vice versa.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Yes, but you can achieve coop without permapacting. I mean pacts shouldn`t be so obliging, so that they can be cancelled, so that there is no "Oh I do not like what my permapact [someone] is doing but since we permapacted a year ago we must comply."
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Yea joint victory is a better criteria. For two teams can still pact forever to achieve a joint victory without prouncing they are in a permpact. However if joint victory is not allowed then this gets rid of the motivation from the start.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I'm with HongHu here. Disallowing Joint victory means there is no desire ever to enter a "permapact"

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

/me is surprised

I'm with HongHu on this one as well.
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

HongHu is right then, but cannot faction for example fight among eachother, then pact against greater threat and achieve victory? That would not be a permapact.
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                  * GeoModder is surprised
                  Isn't it surprising. Should I change my position you think? Hmmm ....

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
                    HongHu is right then, but cannot faction for example fight among eachother, then pact against greater threat and achieve victory? That would not be a permapact.
                    In fact this does have some merit.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Its just a permapact without the name.

-Jam

Comment

I guess that pemapact means= we are now pacted forever, no matter for circumstances.

And quit threadjacking this thread by detracting it fully.

Comment

Oh yea. Get back to the topic will you?

The Gaians need a new leader!!! A leader who understands that you don't need a mask to be in the fungas!!!

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                            Isn't it surprising. Should I change my position you think? Hmmm ....
                            Not necessary, you learned me to love my enemy.

Topic:

Too soon to choose a leader for whatever faction. People might avoid a certain faction knowing that a certain player is leader of it.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yes you now know what true love feels like.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Actually, I still don't. Being a mixed ratio/emotio person can be hard at times.
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X