No announcement yet.

Next ACDG: boost weaker factions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is true. Enough spam threads are being opend purposely. Ermm excuse me, "error threads".
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Ok, please someone explain me then the difference between god, mod and CMN.

To me it sounds it's all the same for one function.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
        That is true. Enough spam threads are being opend purposely. Ermm excuse me, "error threads".
        Well we have to be fair to admit that the "error threads" are not the gods' fault. In fact you opened the very last error thread IIRC.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder

To me it sounds it's all the same for one function.
          I thought so too.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

God is some fool with total power and can make ingame rulings.
            Mod is someone with powers to open and close threads, forums edit stuff etc - does not make ingame rulings.
            CMN is the one that sets up the game, and makes sure noone cheats - like Googlie.

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Why can't one person perform all these functions?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Yes, sooner or later an ingame ruling comes upon.
                I only need to think of the two times Pirates and CyCon had a difference. If no 'god' is present then, who makes the ruling?
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

This is a democracy game. We VOTE on it.

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu

Well we have to be fair to admit that the "error threads" are not the gods' fault. In fact you opened the very last error thread IIRC.
                    I never made any error threads ever.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

God is some fool with total power and can make ingame rulings.
                      Mod is someone with powers to open and close threads, forums edit stuff etc - does not make ingame rulings.
                      CMN is the one that sets up the game, and makes sure noone cheats - like Googlie.

-Jam
                      In that case, we need just a CMN.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                        This is a democracy game. We VOTE on it.
                        No good, this gives factions with a hidden agenda the chance to already weaken a future victim a bit.

Someone MUST be kept aside to make independent and inpartial rulings.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

In that case, we need just a CMN.
                          Someone MUST be kept aside to make independent and inpartial rulings.
                          Like I said - a CMN. They don't have to be a mod OR a God, just someone we know to be neutral - like someone who set up the game, but then takes no further part in it, except to make unbiased rulings once every few months.

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor

I never made any error threads ever.
                            Sorry, it was Function GeoModder.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I agree with GeoModder, and Jamski in a part too. That a neutral CMN would be the one who makes the ruling. Although I do believe the CMN needs to be intimately involved in the game so that he knows what is going on and thus can make the right ruling.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

As I said, we jsut need CMN who will have access to all forums and respond to questions asked.

Comment

Working...
                                X