Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Extra Edition - Of Colds and Faulty Logic

Of Colds and Faulty Logic

In the latest edition of 3D, your humble servant of the 3D redaction reported that the then Prime Function Mani Alpha-3 was taken into custody for a psychological evaluation in the research hospital. After a long medical examination the cause of his odd behaviour was revealed. It appears that during a routine implant maintenance an old version of the Unimatrix Zero network uplink chip was accidentally implanted in Mani Alpha-3. As Internal Affairs Function Corelli Omega-9 reported in the previous 3D, this implant leads to faulty logic due to a malfunctioning energy-saving feature. This, besides the clouding effects inherent to having emotions, explains the irrational behaviour of Mani Alpha-3: putting most vital functions in prison.

To recover from his irrational adventures, and because he is researching the recently discovered phenomenon "busy real life", Mani Alpha-3 decided to take it a little easy the next term and resign as Prime Function. He will still stay active though in the new Term 0100 Government; as External Affairs Function, an office that will hopefully require less time to be spent on it. Furthermore it is believed that due to his extensive experience with emotions and faulty logic, Mani Alpha-3 will be more able to understand the arguments used by fullhuman factions in diplomatic negotiations.

There are other changes as well in the new government. After taking a month off because he had some problems with his "CD-ROM" implant, Drogue Beta-8 returns to his old office of Prime Function, switching spots with Mani Alpha-3. He is currently plagued by an insidious non-computer virus called "the cold", but he has assured us that this will not interfere with his duties. As for the Second Function's Office, Function Delta will take residence there for the next term. He replaces Chaunk Omicron-7, who will be fully involved in researching the "busy real life" phenomenon together with Mani Alpha-3. And last but not the least, the duties of Internal Affairs Function will be taken care of by Corelli Omega-9 for the third consecutive time.

Summarized, the new Cybernetic Consciousness Term 0100 Government looks like this:

Prime Function: Drogue Beta-8
    Second Function: Function Delta
    Internal Affairs Function: Corelli Omega-9
    External Affairs Function: Mani Alpha-3

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Morbo seyz I will destroy you
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

A good day to you too.

Comment

/me is waiting for Emperor Drogue to post in this thread for an opportunity to count how many emperor prime functions that CyCon has again.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Darn. I told myself several times I should change my signature directly after posting this Issue, but I forgot it after all.

Comment

Smile
            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Re: 3D Extra Edition - Of Colds and Faulty Logic

Originally posted by Maniac
              Summarized, the new Cybernetic Consciousness Term 0100 Government looks like this:

Prime Function: Drogue Beta-8
              Second Function: Function Delta
              Internal Affairs Function: Corelli Omega-9
              External Affairs Function: Mani Alpha-3
              You lazy bum! you forgot me..

Emperor Prime Function: Metho Delta-5

Comment

Titles in the holographic suite don't count

Besides, your too busy with your own pet projects on the net nodes to count
                Smile

Comment

how dare you talk to your emperor prime function that way!

Comment

How dare you talk to your real Prime Function and ruler of the forum that way! You may find your posts... with enhancements
                    Smile

Comment

you seem to forget that everyone can already edit each other's posts

Comment

Who has edited whose posts?
                        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Don't you know that everyone can edit everyone's posts in the private fora?

Comment

If I were a Emperor Prime function I 'd be a tad annoyed
                            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Oh that's old news. Been there, done that.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                              X