Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICAL - Todecide once and for all on the time limit for playing turns (part2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICAL - Todecide once and for all on the time limit for playing turns (part2)

This is part two of FOUR polls to finally settle DEMOCRATICALLY and FAIRLY the problems caused by late and persistently late playing of turns.

This poll (part2) is to determine at what point after the time limit, to be decided in part1, the "Penalty" should be applied.

The winner needs a clear 50% majority, or there will be a run-off between the TWO (or more only in the case of an exact tie) most popular options. The poll will run for 3 days as per the old constitution. When this is settled, the decision requires a 2/3rds majority to change, as per the old constitution. Hopefully these 4 polls will be the final word on the subject.

Options are :
    • Never apply a penalty, just warn the team that they are over the limit.
    • Apply the penalty as soon as the team is over the time limit.
    • Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 4 hours later.
    • Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 6 hours later.
    • Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 8 hours later.
    • Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 12 hours later.
    • Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty more than 12 hours later.
    • Write-in
    • Xenobanana

-Jam
    Never apply a penalty, just warn the team that they are over the limit.
    4.35%
    Apply the penalty as soon as the team is over the time limit.
    17.39%
    Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 4 hours later.
    8.70%
    Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 6 hours later.
    13.04%
    Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 8 hours later.
    4.35%
    Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty 12 hours later.
    30.43%
    Warn the team when they pass the limit and apply the penalty more than 12 hours later.
    17.39%
    Write-in
    4.35%
    Xenobanana
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Apply the penalty as soon as the team is over the time limit of course! Isn't that kind of the meaning of a time limit?!?: "You have to play the turn in that time period or else..."
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

THIS POLL IS NOT OFFICIAL

No way can we have planet-wide elections like this on the basis of one vote per person when the faction sizes are so disparate.

Comment

There is no block voting. Googlie can confirm that in no faction's private forum that people are bing instructed to vote the party line. There is no party line.

One vote - one person. That's DEMOCRACY. This poll is official enough.

If you don't like it, may I introduce you to the Xenobanana option. If more than 50% of people agree with you, we'll see. I doubt it, somehow.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Please see my proposal in poll part three.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Your proposal will be noted. It will be up to GooglieGod to apply any "penalties" as he sees fit. If he wants to give a faction an exemption because he feels they have a good reason, then he CAN DO SO. Don't worry.

-Jam

Comment

OMG, these polls are ****ing annoying.

Now going to poll three to read HongHu's proposal...
              "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

I vote for 48 hours then apply the penalty. If they can't play it in that extended time frame then shame on them.
                "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

24 hours for me, IMO it seems to be enough time to get the turn done. Take a page from the Hive book, even if the team leader cannot be present you can appoint someone to do the turns in their absence.
                  You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Isn't 24 hours a bit harsh if you want to consult at all ?? Also, the Hive has a lot more folks so its easier for them to have alternates ( kinda making my point on factions being in a different position on this issue)
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                      Isn't 24 hours a bit harsh if you want to consult at all ?? Also, the Hive has a lot more folks so its easier for them to have alternates ( kinda making my point on factions being in a different position on this issue)
                      In a word, no. The Hive has 20 members, everyone else (except the Drones) have 11. That's more then enough people to find alternatives.
                      You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Originally posted by Voltaire

In a word, no. The Hive has 20 members, everyone else (except the Drones) have 11. That's more then enough people to find alternatives.
                        Since we're still in the early game, we haven't reached a point where consultation is necessary. It will be different later when we begin interacting between the factions. 24 hrs may not be enough for that.

Comment

We need consultation. If the Hive feels differently then that is fine, as they do not run democracy. We prefer to talk about and poll our actions. That takes time.
                          Smile
                          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

What's a tode, and how do you kill one?

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose
                              What's a tode, and how do you kill one?
                              Should we make it a poll?
                              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                              X