X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cry into my onions when humans take on poor defenceless Ai's
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Lal wasn't defenceless - he had 3 scout patrols and an Unity Rover.

(BTW, fill sink with cold water. Place large sieve in the sink. Cut onions underwater in the sink. Lift seive out of sink with the chopped onions - NO TEARS ! - you can also wear swimming goggles if you prefer)
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
        Lal wasn't defenceless - he had 3 scout patrols and an Unity Rover.

(BTW, fill sink with cold water. Place large sieve in the sink. Cut onions underwater in the sink. Lift seive out of sink with the chopped onions - NO TEARS ! - you can also wear swimming goggles if you prefer)
        Jam, Please don't show pretend that you are better with the use of water than the Pirates or they'll ... cry some more ... You really can't do that to our friend the Pirates.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

i sees the hive is displaying its excellent diplomatic skills again...
          best be careful lest we...err...cut off your supply of xenorum!
          Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

You see... I actually chop the onions at the bottom of the sea where they are grown, so no tears. Salted onion, very good on fish 'n chips...
            My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
              Which Faculty Member did you take Googlie? (Just wanted to know who's having a new body cloned now)

On the Subject of Green, in my current game as the Gaians I started next to the Nexus too. That was OVERKILL. I also had abundant native life on... poor poor Lal had a shock when he met my 6 independant demon boils when he only had two bases

-Jam
              /me shudders...

Just the thought of that many boils...
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Bah, any FM/builder worth his/her salt has caused at least a 20-count pop of demon locusts in the late game

Comment

Originally posted by Cedayon
                  Bah, any FM/builder worth his/her salt has caused at least a 20-count pop of demon locusts in the late game
                  Only if you try to do so...otherwise, your salt is woefully substandard!

Comment

It would be more accurate to say "in the process of learning the FM/builder approach", then... hopefully it doesn't happen once one knows what one is doing

My particular experience involved me making wayyyyy too many minerals and not knowing how to rack up clean mins... 40 demon locust swarms... *shudder* ... the defenders killed about half of them, but then pop 60+ city dropped to pop 40+.

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie

Yes - I did reply in confirmation in one of the other threads (the map one, I believe)

Have got the basic map done, just tinkering with it, and waiting for the fifth faction to be decided before I let the AI loose.

Talking of which (but this is not another formal poll) ... do you want the AI to be:

- a pushover for whoever comes into contact with them
                      - an irritating opponent who is like a thorn in your side
                      - a nuisance that can cost you a base or two (or who can trade you a tech or two)
                      - strong faction(s) that will make it imperative that you conquer them or ally with them
                      - faction(s) with a real chance at winning (unlikely against human players, but possible depending on the AI factions and the tweaks they get)

I'd sense that #4 would give you most fun

Comments?

Googlie
                      So which kind of AI was finally choosen?

Kody

Comment

Working...
                      X