Somewhat late request for fifth team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somewhat late request for fifth team

I and another player called Triped would like to take a fifth faction in this game. I know this is kinda late and that initialy four factions were decided upon so it also somewhat will change the setup.

Anyway - if accepted we would prefer drones, but morgan or believers would be OK too.

As I realize I am both late and stretching the setup I will understand if there are some who object and the proposal is not accepted.

All the current teams are still open for people to join, if you're interested. Hive, UoP, CyCon and Pirates IIRC. (Join the Hive )

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I don't think we'll have a 5th team, due to having voted for 4, having voted on which 4, and we won't have enough people to keep 4 going, IMHO.

Sorry, but please join either the Hive, UoP, CyCon or Pirates. Will be a good game.
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

You know, the Pirates are looking for some good 'mates... there are only two of us thus far.
        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Come join the Hive, see interesting sites, meet interesting people, get cushy government appointed job, oppress interesting people.
          You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

I fully support Buster's wish.
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain
              I fully support Buster's wish.

On the same grounds as was mentioned for the addition of Pirates as a fourth team I can somewhat understand, however IMHO if a fifth team was added they shouldn't have any play-style similarities to the other four (ie. Morgan, Lal, or greenie.)

Thus you'd have a money-grubber, diplomat, or tree-hugger among two science factions and two military factions. This would make for a much more interesting game than, say, Drones joining in... however we'd then have an unbalanced 3 vs. 2 possiblity which would really make it hard on the side with 2 factions.

If we had a fifth, IMHO we'd need a sixth... and I really doubt that we'll find enough support for all of them.
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Playing Morgan would be OK too or another faction for that matter if it is felt some other more fits the scene.

I was hoping to combine this with introducing some of the finer points of SMAC to a couple of other not so experienced players and hope I could combine it with a fun game.

Thus signing up on another team is not really relevant. We will be minimum two but I expect probably two more will enter.

Anyway - I have no wish to delay your game or to create complications. If most feel another faction could add to the game great, but if more feel that it interferes with the setup as they expected/desire it I fully understand that too.

Comment

You didn't clarify if you would join one of the existing factions or not, in case a fifth faction is not allowed.
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Sorry I thought I did - no I will not be joining one of the existing ones.

Not because of primadonna frills - but what would be having my interest is teaming with some specific players I want to go over some aspects of the game with.

Comment

I prefer to call Yang and Drones Industrialist.
                      The difference between them is not subtile.
                      If Uni and CyCon go, I am sure Yang&Domai could rock as well.
                      I dont see the Point in closing out a possible 4 Players because of what? Of the 3-2 Possiblity?
                      I find it to be negligated, Alliances are likey to change InGame for some Times as I know all you Backstabbers..
                      And an Yang,Pirate,Domai Vs researchers Combo would I personally find very funny :P

Otherwise all the Arguments regarding the Pirate Joining Apply.
                      AI aint good, etc.
                      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

But with more humans it takes longer, and draws people away from other factions. The main problem will be number of people - not enough to run 5 probably. We were going for three, but we thought we'd try 4, to make it interesting. 5 is too much IMHO.
                        Smile

Comment

I don't beleive a 5th team would cause too many problems assuming you can get enough people to activly participate in the game; if we're low on active players this could very well turn into little more than a normal PBEM.

Comment

Yes, but that would be bad. I'd rather have few enough teams that it doesn't turn into an ordinary PBEM, as many people want to play only as a team, due to noviceness or not having SMAX. We are not assuming we can get enough people, because last time told us that we couldn't.
                            Smile

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                              But with more humans it takes longer, and draws people away from other factions. The main problem will be number of people - not enough to run 5 probably. We were going for three, but we thought we'd try 4, to make it interesting. 5 is too much IMHO.
                              This begs the question of how many players is enough?

Personally if we can get on average 5 active players per team I would be more than satisfied (given the rather relatively low turnout for the last game).

If we need or want more players we can always advertise in the Civ forums; hopefully that will allow us to recruit a few more people.

Comment

Working...
                              X