"The Map", Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Map", Part II

This poll told us a majority of Planet's citizens wants a CMN to generate a fair map. But TKG and FlameFlash were wondering if we shouldn't at least decide a few things ourselves. Therefore this second poll. I left out the options which didn't get any vote in the first poll. You have three days time.

Please vote only once in each category.

There, that should make it clear...
    A) Let the CMN use his good judgement.
    3.91%
    A) Standard planet
    5.47%
    A) Large planet
    3.91%
    A) Huge planet
    4.69%
    B) Let the CMN use his good judgement.
    8.59%
    B) 70-90% ocean
    1.56%
    B) 50-70% ocean
    7.81%
    B) 30-50% ocean
    0.78%
    C) Let the CMN use his good judgement.
    10.94%
    C) weak erosive forces
    0.00%
    C) average erosive forces
    4.69%
    C) strong erosive forces
    2.34%
    D) Let the CMN use his good judgement.
    9.38%
    D) abundant native life
    2.34%
    D) average native life
    6.25%
    E) Let the CMN use his good judgement.
    10.16%
    E) dense cloud cover
    6.25%
    E) average cloud cover
    0.78%
    E) sparse cloud cover
    1.56%
    Light & F)luffy Xenopancakes
    8.59%

The poll is expired.

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

standard (oops! i voted large )
    judgement
    judgement
    average
    dense
    pancakes

Comment

standard
      50-70
      rest judgement

Comment

A) Standard planet
        B) 50-70% ocean
        Rest Judgement

Although I probably should have gone average native life...
        "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

CMN
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Standard Planet, dense cloud cover, and the rest CMN.
            Smile
            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Everything CMN. I want someone to blame if things get wrong.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

why not a bigger planet? voted cmn for that, because the bigger ones won´t win anyways. Perhaps the cmn will see the point on playing large maps.

Ok, the communication thing. But beside that? Gameplay would be better with really big empires.

50-70% water coverage, dense clouds. Rest cmn
                Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                Let me eat your yummy brain!
                "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Originally posted by Micha
                  why not a bigger planet? voted cmn for that, because the bigger ones won´t win anyways. Perhaps the cmn will see the point on playing large maps.

Ok, the communication thing. But beside that? Gameplay would be better with really big empires.
                  I would suspect the game would take much longer to play on a larger map, as there would be much more movement.
                  "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

My issue with huge maps is that factions will probably never border each other unless there are empires of let's say 50+ bases. A smaller map makes diplomacy more intense, and border conflicts can actually be a reason to go to war, instead of merely trying to achieve a conquest victory.

Comment

And there's also the fact that no-one who played the last game is at all interested in playing another game where one has to move over 100 formers around each turn.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
                        And there's also the fact that no-one who played the last game is at all interested in playing another game where one has to move over 100 formers around each turn.
                        Just give general orders for terraforming, and let whoever is playing the turn decide what to do. Sure you don’t get ideal results like you would in total micro-management, but the game flows quickly at the end. Besides it will be a while before we encounter any such problems, a suitable solution could be found by then.
                        You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

I wouldn't know...

Though I'll trust you on that one. Still, needs to be big enough... I want a decent amount of water/land to conquer explore.
                          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Just give general orders for terraforming, and let whoever is playing the turn decide what to do. Sure you don’t get ideal results like you would in total micro-management, but the game flows quickly at the end. Besides it will be a while before we encounter any such problems, a suitable solution could be found by then.
                            It's not just moving them in accordance with orders given, it's moving them at all. I should know, I'm the one who had to do it.

Comment

It's not just moving them in accordance with orders given, it's moving them at all. I should know, I'm the one who had to do it.
                              Good point.
                              You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Working...
                              X