Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Apolyton Plays] 01 - Back in the Saddle: Trajan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military Victory turn 312
    Attached Files

Comment

Turn 157. my plan is to pivot to a tourism victory. I'm still behind in tech and culture, but once i churn out some builders, things are going to be out of control.

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

through a comedy of errors, i selected the wrong golden age, so my expansion basically ground to a halt. Monumentality is amazing and nobody should ever forget it.

Comment

Turn 201. Gearing up to research flight and let all my moai and colossal heads to generate all the tourism.

Comment

Not exactly proud of this achievement, but it deserves credit to self biased to initiate some activity here for which I publish the (first) attempt anyway. If not for the challenge I would have quit early game for having neglected the barbarian threat and suffering dearly for it. This kicked me back in expansion and for a long time in the game I have been investing in catching up. The plan was to demonstrate the turn around by a scientific win (10 more turns to launching the exoplanet), but as happens more often Diplomatic Victory was (suddenly) achieved on turn 408.

No dominance over the continent. In fact I have generally been avoiding military conflict until first the Khmer declared a surprise war still pretty early game. That allowed me to push them a bit back. Didn't take but razed a city in order to create a bit more space between us. Later Korea also declared war and I have been at war with them for the remainder of the game. Not so much out of effective strategy, but at that time they were the science leader and it allowed me to slow them down. Eventually I took their capital late game. This caused an emergency where the Khmer rejoined and now I'm kicking their asses with limited firepower.

I enjoyed how Mediolanum developed itself between 3 city states. Fertile grounds from the vulcano, resources like iron, aluminum, sugar, bananas, deer and stone. I built Ruhr valley there as well as my main Spaceport. Aquilea also became a bit of a beauty after some work with St Basil's Cathedral, the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, Great Zimbabwe and A-S Research Center

Many many things I could have done better. I was over confident at the start given the abundance around the starting location and playing 2 levels below what I usually play and got a well deserved lesson to bring a better game.

I'm in for the next challenge and aiming for a better result for it.
            don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

i still have to finish my game. i pivoted to tourism and i'm waiting to outpace everyone that way. i've been busy with other projects, unfortunately

Comment

McMeadows, I took the liberty of doing a little fix-up on your avatar and installing...
                AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

It's been a while... good old PBEM days
                  don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

Hello everyone! diving for apoly I found this thread, since 2009 we fight with friends in the forum in Spanish (sorry for my google english).

I started by escaping the floods and directing all my hammers to build the big bath ... I didn't make it for 2 shifts, the hammers became my second settler (the first I got by founding a pantheon) ... I went straight to wonder natural for the big character points and melts close to the English to start invading.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210329123440_1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	380.2 KB
ID:	9418507
                    Attached Files
                    ¨Los ojos no ven lo que el cerebro no entiende¨ Proverbio Griego
                    "Vivir no es Durar" Mafalda

Comment

After finishing with the English I'm going for the Greeks ... we'll see how it goes ...

the image weighs 2.2mb, I can't upload it ... apoly and its old format, I remember when the new message mails arrived ...

Comment

Dami, I put a transparent background on your avatar, if you don't mind...
                        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by AntiFash Gordon View Post
                          Dami, I put a transparent background on your avatar, if you don't mind...
                          Thanks

We reached turn 150 with the continent conquered, it is time to make the cities grow and get to know the rest of the world

Name:	turno 100.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	407.4 KB
ID:	9418536Click image for larger version

Name:	Turno 150.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	462.1 KB
ID:	9418535

Comment

I still have to post the end results of my game.

Comment

Well, in the end I decided on the victory by dominance, for being faster than the cultural one (turn 236 in my case) I leave some captures and the save

Edit: it does not allow me to upload the save

Name:	236.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	424.9 KB
ID:	9418570Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura1.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	9418571Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura2.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	9418572Click image for larger version

Name:	save.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	9418573

Comment

Originally posted by Dami View Post
                                Edit: it does not allow me to upload the save
                                oh hey, it's that thing that mortally wounded Apolyton...

Comment

Working...
                                X