Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Apolyton Plays] 01 - Back in the Saddle: Trajan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Apolyton Plays] 01 - Back in the Saddle: Trajan.

HELLO APOLYTON! Please join us for what will hopefully be a monthly feature here: Apolyton Plays! Every month, a new game to play and compare with everyone! Post screenshots every fifty turns or so and tell us how you're game's going!

This month: Trajan of Rome.

Requirements: Civ 6 Platinum Edition (Base Game, Rise and Fall Expansion, Gathering Storm Expansion, Vikings, Poland, Australia, Persia and Macedon, Nubia, and the Khmer and Indonesia packs).

Difficulty: Prince
    Map: Continents
    Size: Standard

Starting location:

Download the save file here!

Starting things off pretty simply this month. Let's see what you've got, Apolyton!
    Last edited by self biased; March 4, 2021, 13:45.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Well, Turn 50. The incessant barbarians and flooding have definitely hindered my progress. Just finishing up my 2nd settler. Lack of production in the starting location forced me to move towards the sheep to have any really.

Comment

-I have a fixed-up version of the popcorn smilie - should I?
      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

i'm only 25 turns into the save, but holy ****, there's SO MUCH DESERT.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonFever2003 View Post
          Well, Turn 50. The incessant barbarians and flooding have definitely hindered my progress. Just finishing up my 2nd settler. Lack of production in the starting location forced me to move towards the sheep to have any really.
          looks like you've got a little better RNG than I did with the flood. I tend to prefer to settle on top of luxuries, as the AI will pay handsomely for them in the early game.[

Comment

Originally posted by AntiFash Gordon View Post
            -I have a fixed-up version of the popcorn smilie - should I?
            eventually, you can Emcee multiplayer games and provide color commentary on them.

Comment

Okydoke. Installing popcorn momentarily...

Yes.

AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
              JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

i went desert pantheon, becuase THERE'S SO MUCH DESERT.

Also aiming for a Petra in Aquileia

also, i might crush yeveran, despite my usual 'don't kill city states' vibe.

Comment

Turn 100. Finished off Barbs, held off a surprise war with Greece, and captured a city state. England is next. Settled next to natural wonder that gives me 2 Great General and Merchant points every turn. Sun Tzu helped the offensive while my Great Merchant will get me my first copy of Gypsum.

Comment

So, i stole a settler from England, and eventually got them to agree to a peace. I spent a lot of my time trying to consolidate everything. suuuper going out on a limb with trying to snipe Petra in puteoi, but that's the rub.

I did manage to snag Work Ethic, which makes my holy sites super nice for production as well.

Comment

Turn 151. England is no more, and 3 cities captured from Greece. Have the most science per turn, and snagged a golden age on turn 149 with monumentality. I have enough Faith for 2 more settlers. Just getting Musketmen and Knights.

Comment

Turn 200 and Joan of Arc led my Musketmen to victory over the Greeks, and into the flanks of the Koreans. Time to upgrade the army to Infantry and 2 star. Golden Age was very beneficial as I was able to fill the gaps in my territory with 2 settlers, cap my number of Traders, and buy some builders. Capitol is building Wonders that others ignored, Jebal Berkal in 4 turns not bad production value.

Comment

I'm a little bit behind. Felt a little run down yesterday and couldn't focus on playing the turns.

Comment

I forgot to post my turn 250 on Friday. Infantry and Artillery are tearing through Korea, with no signs that they will stop. I have found my first uranium, so GDRs are next on the menu.

Comment

Turn 300 today. Winning has been inevitable for some time, but at this point I am 8 turns from landing on the moon, I have captured 5 Capitals, and am the lead in both Culture and Diplomacy. Now that I have my first GDR, 2 more capitals are my goal. Shouldn't be too difficult, as Kupe has only 1 city left, and the other 2 civs are in the industrial era while I am in the future era. I will also be beginning the Atomic era with a golden age.
                              Last edited by MoonFever2003; March 8, 2021, 11:54.

Comment

Working...
                              X