No announcement yet.

Nuke happy AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really have any problems with it.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me

Comment

I've never been nuked by the AI. I've only seen nukes used in 1 game, wherein I reduced Askia's empire to ashes with them at the end of the game. Otherwise, I've never used them, nor have had them used on me.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Never been nuked, but I have nuked.

It's fun.

I actually like nukes as they are, except that I think it's a bit silly to have nuclear missiles with a shorter range than an a-bomb.

In Civ III and Civ 4, there was no point to nukes. They were too weak to do anything, and in Civ 4, the game quickly became unfun due to unreversable desertification.

I suppose there should probably be a diplomatic penalty to using them, but really, we don't know that there isn't.
        I don't know what I've been told!
        Deirdre's got a Network Node!
        Love to press the Buster Switch!
        Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

I prefer the tennis racket approach to defense
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV View Post
            Any ideas if there is a way to stop the AI using nukes too readily? I've not been nuked when I have them myself but for a second game where I don't have uranium and one of them does I'm getting nukes dropped on me - by Gandhi! (what happened to non violent protest?)
            Well, I believe the India quest for the nuclear bomb began under a Gandhi. Why shouldn't the AI nuke you? do you expect it to let you win?

Comment

Originally posted by chemist View Post
              Well, I believe the India quest for the nuclear bomb began under a Gandhi. Why shouldn't the AI nuke you? do you expect it to let you win?
              No, but I do expect some diplomatic consequences factored in to discourage first use of nuclear weapons, even by the AI, and I do expect to have some leaders more aggressive than others - so far I'm disappointed on both counts.
              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV View Post
                No, but I do expect some diplomatic consequences factored in to discourage first use of nuclear weapons, even by the AI,
                Diplomacy doesn't count for much in the game, so the AI is likely playing correctly. When I play I've never given diplomacy the least heed before using nuclear weapons, and it didn't seem to hurt me. Have you noticed otherwise?

Comment

You can be denounced early in the game for no apparent reason by someone who was friendly. So what's a nuke or two going to make different?
                  Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
                  http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Working...
                  X