No announcement yet.

On transport-less sea travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fine, you can make exceptions for infantry units...
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

What is this?
      That we have to sail off not through ship?
      Then how?

Comment

I declared war today on an AI and the first thing he did was embark a great scientist right next to my ships. I know I've seen lots of AI controlled great people just milling about on the border and they never seem to get used. Has anyone ever seen one of the great person tile improvements or any other evidence that the AI even knows what a great person is or how to use it?
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I've seen evidence that they use them (tile improvements)... but as to using them right... who knows. I've seen them wandering around as well.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

IMHO it's dumb and I hope it goes away. Totally not realistic. I saw no issue with using transport ships. Any unit just jumping in the water and swimming across the ocean just seems freaking stupid to me. Plus transport ships would be so much faster. I guess special units could be the exceptions... Marines for example could travel SHORT (not across an ocean!) bodies of water on rafts or something. Maybe workers too.

Also I hate the auto-pathing. Sometimes I tell a unit to go somewhere and he takes a left and jumps in the ocean to be quickly killed by enemy ships. I lost some cannons to this in a recent game, I was PISSED. Now I have to move my armies manually which is just DUMB.

Comment

Working...
            X