Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On transport-less sea travel

I like it.

1 improvement I would like to see however is that units would only be allowed to sail from 1 of your port cities. This way you can keep an eye of incoming... traffic.
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

I hear what you are saying, but with 1upt, it would take forever to launch an invasion force..
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Why? Just remove the loss of movements points when embarking.

Comment

Well... that's a change in the current rules, but would solve part of the problem
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, it would be possible to position you subs at the entrance of the enemies harbors. They'd better do some recon before shipping out. Right now they can come from just about anywhere which is neither realistic or fun.

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
            Well, it would be possible to position you subs at the entrance of the enemies harbors. They'd better do some recon before shipping out. Right now they can come from just about anywhere which is neither realistic or fun.
            Please explain why it is not fun.

In my last game I've disembarked at an allied city state territory and gathered there before invading. I don't care if it's realistic or not, but I think it's fun.

Comment

Which is completely besides the point. You could disembark wherever you'd want, but embark only from port cities.

Comment

So, on a world map, the English could send an army to the continent, but unless they conquered a city that army could never come home? No thanks....

Comment

Well, Dunkirk comes to mind...

Comment

Most real-world cities (and ports) are not represented by civ "cities". A city in the game of civ is more like a province/state and many worked tiles could represent a city or port. Dunkirk would probably NOT be represented by a city in civ!

While it might be good to not have EVERY coastal tile represent a useable harbor, it would be bad to restrict it to just city tiles.

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                      Which is completely besides the point. You could disembark wherever you'd want, but embark only from port cities.
                      I needed to embark from the CS territory since I only landed there to gather for the invasion and stay in protective terrain instead of within the ships. What if the CS didn't have a port. My units would be stranded I guess. Or you land on a remote island and can never go back because there isn't a city there.

The restriction to limit embarking to port cities doesn't make anything more fun to play. It's just more complicated. I'd rather have some complexity in the game elsewhere (diplomacy, economy, politics) and not when conducting wars which has already become quite a bit more complex due to 1upt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe View Post
                        Most real-world cities (and ports) are not represented by civ "cities". A city in the game of civ is more like a province/state and many worked tiles could represent a city or port. Dunkirk would probably NOT be represented by a city in civ!

While it might be good to not have EVERY coastal tile represent a useable harbor, it would be bad to restrict it to just city tiles.
                        NOT in my opinion

Comment

Maybe Dunkirk is a city, but the civilian transports kind of fit the Civ 5 model.
                          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

They didn't get off the beaches in Flanders now did they.

Comment

I'm just thinking of all the fun we'd have on archipelago maps - all those tiny islands with stranded AI scouts on them, marooned until someone sends a settler over so they can embark again and raze the city behind them....

Comment

Working...
                              X