1UPT: the Civ 1 approach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lambiorix_be View Post
    No I did not go that far. It is ironic that you refer me to CIV IV while I am the one stating that I like the current concept in CIV V and you want it changed...to what it was in CIV IV. I know change is difficult but I moved on to the new concepts. How do you expect games to evolve if not by changing substantial concepts. If you don't like that (which off course is something I respect.) than you should remain on the CIV IV franchise
    There are also nice things about Civ V. new idea's, new insights. The hexagon tiles are nice, the range attacks are nice, Self defending city's are nice, to make a long story short.. not all is bad. Just the 1UPT rule as is it at the moment is bad. Same goes for the lack of transport ships. I did not say the they should remove the entire 1UPT rule, but with a few changes.. it can work. Things like fortresses can store let say 5 units, (makes fortresses more important) and bring in transport ships to make a convoy defend-able and way more easy to move... and that with the religions brought in... now all that we need are corporations.... and we have a good en fun Civ V game.
    Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

I agree that transporting over sea needs to be improved. With what you propose or by assuring that if warship is in the next tile then that ship needs to be destroyed first before the unit can be killed Or give units on sea also a defense capability at least against outdated pirate ships. It annoys me too when modern units get killed by a pirate trireme.

Comment

Working...
      X