No announcement yet.

Bug list for Patch 1.0.0.62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fidel >> Did you play with mods? I believe the archievements doesn't unlock if you're playing with mods
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

no, but i play always on advanced setup...usually add one or two more AIs peron standard map. does that matter?

Comment

Of course, achievements don't unlock if you're offline also.
        I'm only online (with my PC) for game updates. Obviously, I'm not interested in achievements; or time spent in-game, since there is no pause game control as there was in civ4.

Comment

nah, i am not whining. i just find it strange. i play online all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel View Post
            won on king with persians, diplo victory (yeah, i know it is lame, but i was winning anyway). now, i do not go for achievements, but i found it strange that the game did not unlock the proper ones (winning with persians, and winning diplo - both first for me). is there a bug with achievements?
            Probably. There are so many bugs in the game why not expect one with achievements too?
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

They lied when they said they fixed the multi-monitor issue. Did they even test this?

I've a 2nd monitor off to the right of my main monitor...I can't scroll the map right by moving the mouse to the right edge of the screen unless I disable my 2nd monitor.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I have the huge Earth map, late in the game with 60+ cities and the games freezes up every few turns...I have 4GB Ram, Radon HD5850 on Windows 7 (64bits)

Comment

I have a case of two AI combat units in the same hex.

First an archer moves into the hex, then a spearman moves into the same hex. The hex is ajacent to two hexes containing my units.

During my turn one of my units attacks, kills the spearman, and advances into the hex. After the combat you can see both archer figures and the figures of my unit when zoomed in.

During the next AI turn the archer moves out of the hex and fires (at some unit or other, can't recall which). During my next turn I kill the archer. While playing through, the archer was invisible after moving out of 'my' hex. After loading from a save the archer is visible.

I have saves from before, during, and after this interesting series of events. I was originally tweeked to it by an archer icon in a vacant hex. I backed up to a save and played through it several times to make sure what was happening, making saves at points along the way.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambiorix_be View Post
                    I have the huge Earth map, late in the game with 60+ cities and the games freezes up every few turns...I have 4GB Ram, Radon HD5850 on Windows 7 (64bits)
                    this issue has been pinpointed by fans to a big bug in the graphics engine. to avoid lockups, the trick is to zoom in to the maximum level, *and* turn of autocycling. lockups occur otherwise when flying across long distances w/t camera. alternatively you can play through the strategic view, like myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                      i had that with an empire at the other side of the world, i just made an o.b. with them. so i send my caravel into their territory, after which that.

This 'feature' is really starting to piss me off.

I am not at war. My units are spread around mostly on alert in my own borders, and Liz pops up with the ultiumatum to go to war or give my word about not attacking her. I have a scout on her border.

I fully intend on attacking her, at some point... but not real soon. I am faced with the choice of DOW now or rep hit later. I have no idea how fvcking long this assurance lasts! and best yet, I have no way of doing the same fvcking thing to the MF AI!!@!

Ahem.

*clears throat*

It is features like this that make really bad game design.
                      Last edited by notyoueither; November 3, 2010, 01:36.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

notyoueither, i can confirm it lasts forever. well, 200+ turns anyway. and if you do attack 200 turns later, it's treason obviously!

Comment

In one of my games I haven't attacked anyone for very long time. Then Russia asked me to attack Germany, which I then did. A few turns later Russia cancels the weird corporation deal because I was "too warmongering". So I took a reputation hit with Russia because I did what Russia asked me to do

I also hate the "your units are close to our borders" part. In theory it is a good idea, but it was poorly executed. The AI should only use that if they are prepared for war that turn and it should be possible for us to see how long time there is left because we can attack without getting a reputation hit

I also noticed that on maps with lots of small islands, being "close to borders" is a larger area. In another game I sent many units by sea to some other island. My units was far away from their island, but they still said that it seems like I'm preparing for war, which I told them I was not. A few hundred turns later (on marathon) I sent all my units directly to their island, parked on the few spots left on their island and just next to their borders for several turns, but they didn't react at all. Seemed like they where still looking at the "They promised not to attack us a few hundred years ago" deal

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                            this issue has been pinpointed by fans to a big bug in the graphics engine. to avoid lockups, the trick is to zoom in to the maximum level, *and* turn of autocycling. lockups occur otherwise when flying across long distances w/t camera. alternatively you can play through the strategic view, like myself.
                            Thanks, via strategic view I could finish the game. They should fix the bug though for I like the normal graphics

Comment

Just noticed that the AI doesn't look at who's your teammates. Just played a game where I was on team with the Chinese, shortly after meeting Greece, they asked to sign a "I hate the Chinese" pact with me... like if I'm going to sign that

Comment

Working...
                              X