Just One More Turn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just One More Turn?

I played all installments of Civ and even though they all suffered from various gameplay problems, it was very hard to walk away from a game i progress - staying up until dawn was not unusual.

Now I been playing Civ 5 for over a week and sadly I have no problem walking away from the game

I still like the game but I cant feel the passion and increasingly thinking of going back to Civ 4. I hope future patches and expansions will fix the game.

Tell us how you feel and please vote.
    Civ 5 still got it!
    64.29%
    Meh... I get back to it after 'Wife Swap USA'
    15.71%
    I rather be watching banana tree grow
    20.00%

With the time it takes to build units and buildings, "one more turn" should really be 10 more turns
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There are many things in Civ V that I like. There are also a number of things I definately don't like. And then there are the things that require me to adjust my playing style to get to like better. As a whole I definately have a hard time walking away from the game.

And: A settler who in his first ever post includes banana option in poll? I smell a DL
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I'm completely hooked by now. After 60 hours of playing I am starting to see all the finer aspects, from a builder perspective as well as combat perspective. The just one more turn effect is definitely there
        "Give me a soft, green mushroom and I'll rule the world!" - TheArgh
        "No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy." - Murphy's law
        Anthéa, 5800 pixel wide extravaganza (french)

Comment

Yea, I definitely have that one more turn feel. Honestly, that's all that matters. Things are different, yes, I have to adjust my strategy, yes. But it still has me hooked, which is the important part.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It still has that 'One More Turn' Addictiveness while playing, but I have found that as with Civ 4 it's not the first icon I look at on my desktop. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but I'm suspect I'll be clocking up at least 30 hours a month - quite likely over 3 evenings

Comment

It is a very good game...Hopefully with the patches it's going to be a great game...is it addictive? yeah i am an addict...
              no more turns...

Comment

OT
                @Asmodean
                The last time I posted on Apolyton was nack in SMAC/X days. It was so long ago I no longer knew my login details so had to ctreate new account.

I am tryning to get hooked on Civ5 because I really like the new hex grid and the combat mechanics. I do miss some stats and that feeling of achievement when I build something - especially wonders.

I remember when I played Civ4 for the first time and initially I was put off by its 'newness' but I was well into it whitin few hours - this is not happening with Cv5... I hope it will.

Comment

Although the game has lost some of it's shine as I've discovered some of the foibles (scorekeeping = fail) it still has one more turn appeal to me and I never can seem to turn it off without a struggle.
                  What's up, hot dog?

Comment

this poll will only show that the people still visiting here who are not into the game anymore are off-topic posters... so the poll defeats itself, will come out better than what the game really is.
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Not really the same feeling...for OMT you need relatively competent, threatening battle AI.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel View Post
                        Not really the same feeling...for OMT you need relatively competent, threatening battle AI.
                        Currently I am trying something diffrent:
                        King, Duel map, 10 civs and no city states. So far the game is interesting - there is an ongoing tension between AI players and I am trying to eek out enough space for 3 cities while im being left alone...
                        This game will also force me to get involved in diplomacy because so far I pretty ignored it.

Comment

Originally posted by Axel Rhodd View Post
                          I played all installments of Civ and even though they all suffered from various gameplay problems, it was very hard to walk away from a game i progress - staying up until dawn was not unusual.

Now I been playing Civ 5 for over a week and sadly I have no problem walking away from the game

I still like the game but I cant feel the passion and increasingly thinking of going back to Civ 4. I hope future patches and expansions will fix the game.

Tell us how you feel and please vote.
                          And that's exactly how I felt about Civ4, only Civ series I got utterly bored with within 72 hours of purchasing the game. I've actually found Civ V to be enjoyable. Mind you, it may be because I have a reduced expectation from anything coming from Firaxis but it's fun to play, and I actually like the Citystates concept which has got me tinkering with some scenarios and graphics to utilize them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                            With the time it takes to build units and buildings, "one more turn" should really be 10 more turns
                            Yeah, I thought it was because of Epic Speed, but it is still a tortoise on Normal Speed. Some buildings take longer than Wonders!

But, I am still enjoying figuring out this new game.
                            And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

This was a tough one. I voted the seccond option. I can walk away a lot easier than with Civ4. But to say that is did not got the one more turn feeling also not entire true. But if I have to choose between the two, I choose option 2. I think this game can be a whole lot better. I think with the usual add ons and mods, the game wil get better in the future.
                              Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

Working...
                              X