City State Diplomacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City State Diplomacy

This has probably been covered elsewhere...but anyhoo...

The city state diplomacy need a tweak I think in the perpetual war situation. I've got no worries with Human players get that declared against them..its the AI players that are bugging me.

For example, the French (as they always seem to be doing) are giving one of my city state clients the bash - so I muscle up and give it to the French. I bring them to the negotiating table and we agree a mutually agreeable settlement. All well and good - except for one thing, my client has declared perpetual war against the French. So the French start the attack again - even when its not in their best interests. And we're back where we started.

There needs to be another status that we can negotiate to - either paying reparations to the city state or "persona non gratia" without the War bit. Some way that the AI Civ doesn't immediately doom themselves by rushing back into attack.

It's irritating because I basically have to wipe a CIV out to stop them attacking my client...or at least capture all the cities around the CS. Either way Perpetual War Status feels a bit extreme - there needs to be a way to negotiate back from the brink.

Maybe the AI needs to recognize the ally of the CS and steer clear from them.

Any pro tips on this one?
    Ur
    The Chaldean
    Wellington, NZ

I would be very pissed if this happened to me. Since ending the war with you should have ended the war with the CS, they shouldn't have been able to redeclare before you could redeclare. I suppose you would have to make sure that the "make peace with X" option is on the table, if it isn't... donate a ****load of units to the CS and watch it take over a few french cities.

My solution thus far has been extermination-- once you attack my baby CS, you will suffer my endless wrath.

Comment

I've noticed this problem too as well as the problem of where you've completely destroyed an AI's army, taken several cities, and can easily wipe them out yet the AI won't accept peace or demands three or four cities for peace. They don't even have an army and I have 12-15 units near them but they won't make peace even on even terms so I'm left wiping them out and just disbanding their cities because I don't want them.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

While it's frustrating, it seems somewhat realistic to me. The only way to make a city state truly bend to your will is to conquer it and make it your puppet. Otherwise, you have to expect that your allies are going to do stupid and annoying things sometimes.
        kmj

Comment

I don't think the problem is the CS declaring war. I think the problem is that france has declared total war. Make sure france offers peace with the CS before ending the war with him.

Comment

I was faced with this last night.

Long story short, I declared that I was protecting the CS and the attacking AI stopped attacking the city even though the war would not end.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
            X