Giant. Death. Robot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    This feature can probably be turned off.
    No, but since it is available at the very last tech, it will most likely be irrelevant. What is interesting is that there appears to be no ICBM in the game. Screenshots show the nuclear missile has a range of 8.

Comment

Another point against the GDR: it requires 1000 hammers vs 800 hammers for projects like The Utopia Project, The Apollo Project, The Manhattan Project, etc... And even after you build one, you have to get it to the front and put it to use. I doubt anyone would ever choose to build one - other than to say that they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauptman View Post
        It's also a matter of manueverability. Tracks lend to a straight only form of mobilty. Making a tight turn requires almost coming to a stop. Granted they have gotten better over the years, they are still limited. However you, because of your legs, can make quick changes of direction with little reduction of momentum. You are able to weeve between obstacles at a full clip. Tracked vehicles would be slowed to a crawl trying to navigate through heavy woods lets say, or stay on a road.
        People having better maneourability than tanks is more of a question that a tank can easily weight over 1k times what a person does.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

So, GDR will increase your ability to chop forests? How many hammers do you get if you use the GDR?
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by thyrwyn View Post
            Another point against the GDR: it requires 1000 hammers vs 800 hammers for projects like The Utopia Project, The Apollo Project, The Manhattan Project, etc... And even after you build one, you have to get it to the front and put it to use. I doubt anyone would ever choose to build one - other than to say that they did.
            Exactly.

It's fun, a nod to the community.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
              Exactly.

It's fun, a nod to the community.
              I dont care its not realistic

civ 1 forever
              Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post
                I dont care its not realistic

civ 1 forever
                And the Cure for Cancer is realistic?

Comment

thats any interesting question actually.

To date, has more money and/or manpower been put into curing cancer or into Giant Death Robots?

We are looking at 2 monoliths of modern development, the drug companies and the arms companies.
                  Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I would guess that it is Cure for Cancer. But hey, I'm an optimist!
                    Formerly known as campmajor! or Campmajor
                    Did not play CIV IV because of performance issues
                    New PC arrived about 13th of August, so CIV IV is finally playable for me! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty View Post
                      To date, has more money and/or manpower been put into curing cancer or into Giant Death Robots?
                      Giant Death Robots are the cure for cancer.
                      APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by Perfection View Post
                        Giant Death Robots are the cure for cancer.
                        Thread over.

Comment

Read jobe's 1st blog about GamesCom, it includes a 'screenshot' of a Giant Death Robot in action!
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

this model could be interesting in.... Serious Sam III for example... but Civ V... ah well, I'll buy the game anyway, steam, robots, and all...
                            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Steam powered robots!
                              APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Steampunk mod!
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X