No announcement yet.

Civ 5 box revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would anyone give a **** about a box that you're gonna toss out?
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Civilization is very much a war game.

To get highest scores, you must rough up everyone else;

To have the initiatives, you must make war upon others;

If the peaceful Roosevelt starts next to the psycho Monty, he will be taken out very early on. That tells you who is really in control. The worst AI of all is that Charlie freak who blights the landscape with his worthless cities and protective archers (and landsknechts).

Comment

Landsknechts are pretty OP and the supercourthouses are fairly woo, too.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I don't know if I speak for just myself or not, but I first was introduced to civ when I was browsing through the aisle and saw a box with buildings and such on it that spoke a bit about what was happening in the game. If it was a plain black box I probably wouldn't have picked it up.

We already know about Civ so they could put a banana peel on it and we'd buy it. But for someone new, a black box probably isn't enough to entice someone and explain what the game is about.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I don't know if I speak for just myself or not, but I first was introduced to civ when I was browsing through the aisle and saw a box with buildings and such on it that spoke a bit about what was happening in the game. If it was a plain black box I probably wouldn't have picked it up.

We already know about Civ so they could put a banana peel on it and we'd buy it. But for someone new, a black box probably isn't enough to entice someone and explain what the game is about.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
            X