Civ 5 Special Edition announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 5 Special Edition announced

We're proud to announce that there will be a special edition of Sid Meier’s Civilization V available for purchase on September 21st for $99.99 and internationally September 24th for £59.99 / €79.99 / AUS$129. We’ve packed the SE full of exclusive collectibles as well as behind-the-scenes content, including a 2-disc CD soundtrack of game score selections, a behind-the-scenes DVD at Firaxis, 5 metal figurines based on units from Civilization V manufactured by Reaper Miniatures, a 176 page hardcover artbook, and, of course, a copy of Sid Meier’s Civilization V.

Not sure if you guys had seen this yet (though I bet most of you had)

So... is that edition still going to require steam? And does it include the extra civ that's in the deluxe edition?

Comment

All versions are supposed to require steam. And since there's no mentions of extra civs in this version..=/

Comment

Did anyone notice the figurines of units in that pic? A robot of some kind? A Giant Death Robot?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Didn't even notice that.. heh.. some future tech unit?

Comment

On the official 2K boards, 2KElizabeth confirmed that the Babylon civ will not be included in the SE.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Closey View Post
              All versions are supposed to require steam. And since there's no mentions of extra civs in this version..=/
              Kind of figured it would... but one can hope.

On the official 2K boards, 2KElizabeth confirmed that the Babylon civ will not be included in the SE.
              ...wow. Now the question is, will it be possible to just mod the Babylonians into the game? (and potentially use them in MP)
              Last edited by Brael; July 10, 2010, 13:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

Ditto on the
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

Is Babylon included elsewhere?
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Babylon is in the deluxe edition.

Comment

Hmm, ok.

So there is a deluxe edition and a special edition? What's the difference?
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Boo for no Babylon.

Boo for Star Wars rip off AT-TE. Walkers make for terrible weapons platforms.

Yay for artbook.

Boo for $100.
                        I don't know what I've been told!
                        Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                        Love to press the Buster Switch!
                        Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                          Hmm, ok.

The "deluxe edition" is a Steam-only download; for $10 extra, you get Babylon and three extra maps.

It is not yet been made clear whether or not Babylon will be made available for purchase separately, or if it will only come with the "deluxe edition".

The "special edition" is the hard copy disc and accroutements deliniated above.

Frankly, these decisions regarding the various editions and the recent mass layoffs have raised more than a few red flags.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by gdijedi7 View Post
                            Boo for no Babylon.

Boo for Star Wars rip off AT-TE. Walkers make for terrible weapons platforms.

Yay for artbook.

Boo for $100.
                            IT'S A GIANT DEATH ROBOT

NOT AN AT-TE

GDR FOREVER
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                              Hmm, ok.

One leaves a check and a note saying that, "Last night was dope."
                              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
                              X