Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Civilization V the most anticipated game of the year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Civilization V the most anticipated game of the year?

Gamespot organizes a poll to find out which game, featured on the upcoming E3 (June 14-17), is the most anticipated game!
    As we speak Civilization 5 is one of the games in the lead! (9% of the total votes)

Which game do you anticipate most? Vote in the poll!

Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

It sure is
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Well, in this poll, it is one of the most anticipated. But realistically, one of the Blizzard games (Starcraft II, or Diablo III) or Valve game like Portal II would easily beat Civ V in anticipation. They are simply not listed.

For me, of course, Civ V is the most anticipated game since... Civ IV.
      The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
      certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
      -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

It's the only game I play, so... Yes, it is the most anticipated game of the year.
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas
        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Yes I voted for Civ 5. But in my mind, this year is a tie for Civ5, SC2:Wings of Liberty and WoW:Cataclism.

This is going to be a great year for me. Got my MMO, RTS and TBS.

What I´ve been missing now for many years is a follow-up from my Space RTS, Moo2. Would really like to see a game of that sort soon.

Edit: Yeah I it should be Space TBS.
          Last edited by Kolbeg; June 9, 2010, 12:53.

Comment

Uh, you mean space TBS. But yeah, SC2 is much more anticipated, I'd say. I'm one of Those People who have serious doubts regarding Civ5's quality, anyway.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Was an extremely tough choice between CV and crysis 2, but I ended up going for CV. Metroid Other M was also a close contender for me.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Biased poll... doesn't include Starcraft.

Comment

This is just for the games that are at E3 show. I believe that Blizzard does not attend to E3 anymore.

Comment

Civ ... is ... most ... anticipated! Know this as I am clenching my teeth and on the edge of my seat waiting to buy. Initially, it won't beat the hype, but two updates later -- whoopee.
                    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Kolbeg View Post
                      This is just for the games that are at E3 show. I believe that Blizzard does not attend to E3 anymore.
                      Right. It's as I said... the poll is biased / incomplete.
                      Last edited by wodan11; June 10, 2010, 13:38.

Comment

Hrmm.

It is for me. I'm interested in only two games that I'm currently aware of: Sonic 4 and Civ5.

Of course, I'm very sad about what I'm hearing Steam-wise, but I haven't quite decided to not go ahead and get it.

Besides, if nothing else, learning what I can about Civ 5 is fun.
                        I don't know what I've been told!
                        Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                        Love to press the Buster Switch!
                        Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

I was really excited but now that I found they're only selling on steam I will not be buying it. It's a matter of principle.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Civ what?
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                              I was really excited but now that I found they're only selling on steam I will not be buying it. It's a matter of principle.

I won't be buying Civ5 for the same reason.
                              The education of a man is never completed until he dies. --Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X