Your first CIV game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civ I - Windows.

Then, for four years, I played Civ II on a computer that actually did not meet the minimum system requirements; I would take all of my moves, press enter, and then walk away for 10 minutes.
    B♭3

Comment

Er... wow. That's some dedication.
      I don't know what I've been told!
      Deirdre's got a Network Node!
      Love to press the Buster Switch!
      Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Originally posted by Quillan View Post
        The original Civilization on a state-of-the-art 386/40 processor system with a whopping 8 megs of RAM! Missed Civ II because I didn't have a computer at the time, and picked up again with Civ III.
        Wow Thats sure beated my AT(!) 286 12mhz with 2Mb Ram, but hey.. I had a real soundblaster sound card these days better than that 'bleep' sound from your motherbord.

I played civ2 on a real computer I think it was a 386DLC 40mhz first, and the game lived long as far as I think 3 or 4 other (newer) computers back then.
        Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

Put the vase on the pillow . . . . loved Civilization games, and left thousands of lines of programming code on college computers, but most of the time with Civilization, I will play Civ III over a couple of months to pass some time away. My nephew enjoyed the graphics of Civ IV, so I gave it to him. I was playing Bard's Tale, Kings' Quest and Ultima when Civ I and II came out, so I have not played those games.

Comment

I remember reading about CIV I in PC Format...I got my hands on it and I've never looked back. There was a period of my life when CIV II seemed to be the only game I remember playing.
            Ur
            The Chaldean
            Wellington, NZ

Comment

CIV I on Commodore 64... oops! I mean Amiga 500.

Comment

Working...
              X