No announcement yet.

Anyone else getting nervous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm nervous about things like DLC, and if it will be available through methods other than steam. In the long run though I think it's pretty much impossible for civ 5 to fail if it has the same level or more modability than civ 4. If the developers fail, I see players picking it up.

Comment

I'm nervous because it's taking so long!
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I want to do some testing! Why haven't they contacted me yet?!
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

They probably don't like you.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I'm just really, really worried they're going to rush it to make a fall release.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Who? Firaxis? They probably have little to say in the matter, really. It's always the publisher's call in the end. And haven't they a difficult financial situation right now?
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I'm a civ junkie. I don't care if they give me a crappy game, I want it NOW!
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Hehe... Don't we all...

Comment

I am conflicted about Civ5. Some of the things I have read sound pretty good, some others I am not so sure of. I am hoping the combat system is better (I keep hearing the name Panzer General being bandied around, so that's a good sign), but the removal of religions is kind of a bummer.

BtS is a great game, but it's end result of a lot of refinement. I have to admit I am pretty skeptical about the vanilla version of Civ5 being a better game, at least out-of-the-box.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      I mean, the supposed release date is less than four months away. We've barely heard a word about the game since the initial announcement, and there's really not much time left until release. I would normally expect there to have been a slew of developer updates and interviews and previews on all the major gaming sites, but we've gotten squat.

Either the release date is going to get pushed back--way back--or we're gonna get served a **** sandwich and be told that it is filet mignon.

The release date hasn't been announced yet - anything you are seeing is a placeholder.

Also, there's a bunch of info coming in the next couple weeks, so just hang tight.

Comment

Glad to hear that--thanks for the info.

Any reason why Steam would be advertising a Sept. 1 release, as opposed to the more general (and less anxiety-inducing) Q4 2010 or Q1 2011?

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                          Who? Firaxis? They probably have little to say in the matter, really. It's always the publisher's call in the end. And haven't they a difficult financial situation right now?
                          Hence my apprehension.

Comment

Originally posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
                            The release date hasn't been announced yet - anything you are seeing is a placeholder.

Also, there's a bunch of info coming in the next couple weeks, so just hang tight.
                            Thanks so much for the update!
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                              It will require Steam for patches, MP and such AFAIU, but it won't require Steam to run, except for the first time.

According to 2K Elizabeth:

Originally posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
                              ....if you don't have Steam running in the background it will have to boot up....
                              The education of a man is never completed until he dies. --Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
                                Since Steam will be required, I could care less when Civ5 is released since I won't be buying it.
                                What?

Meh... I have steam account, but cannot buy from there as I am in a different country than my credit cards most of the time... what a poor situation, I hoped that I can only buy from Play and that's that.
                                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                                X