Lessons from GalCiv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lessons from GalCiv

I think we can keep some lessons from GalCiv for Civ. You may add some others, discuss the parallels or whattever:

- Minor civs

- Economy divided into domestic and military

- Ressources permitting to pay infrastructures for them

- Spying that brings the element of INFORMATION

- Propganda

- Influence of exterior cultural influences on moral

- Green/yellow colors for diplomacy

- Diplomacy permitting to really help or hinder someone's war

Others? Could this all be implemented in Civ? I think so.
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

- Trade routes

- Spending sliders + Tax slider, working independant - instead of only being able to divide your income, you should decide how much of your production capacity you are using per turn, the cost of that could be a lot more then your tax income. This may make shields obsolete though.

- Bases, with an range of influence (as opposed to a sector in galciv), giving bonusses to cities and units in that range.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Two of those will be implemented in Stella Polaris. Propaganda and more credible diplomacy, unlike in many Civ games.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
      X