No announcement yet.

New Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hrm, is there any chanse of doing this with a scenario instead of a normal game?
    I'd be interested in that case.
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

The summaries sound fine... I was thinking regarding posting the attachement on the forum as slightly unusal though... is that how they did it in that other thread?
      What I was thinking was we'd of course post what we did here... but then we'd just e-mail the compressed file to the next person in line... it makes it slightly more efficient and sometimes 'poly goes down for a while... we might lose the save file if that happens.
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

FF -- Yes, the game saves were transmitted via forum posts in the other thread. But no need to go there. Email is likely more efficient anyway. What compression program will we use? (I have an iMac on OS 9.0.4, running strictly standard equipment programs.)

I think next step is to finalize players (re Detroit Dave, probably need to email to get his attn -- his post sez "pm me please"), crank up a game, and maybe start a new thread to detail our exploits. Unless I'm spacing out on something...
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

FYI -- sent an inquisitive email to DetroitDave this morning. Hoping we can start tonite or tomorrow, FlameFlash.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Great! Looking forward to it. I'm thinking just StuffIt Expander/DropStuff for compression... I use v6.5.1 just download it from http://www.alladinsys.com/ (it's about a half-hour download with 56k... ~6MB.)
            I could also use DropZip (included with that download) if you don't want to download the update the old StuffIt can expand Zip files, so I can just use that.

Though it's always good to have the most up-to-date version of StuffIt Lite. (free! )

Comment

OK!! Let's wait to see if DetroitDave checks in and go for it. Hopefully we can get started tonight or tomorrow.

Who wants first swings?

Comment

If you want, you can go ahead and start it up... just be sure to post what settings you use... we might as well just use this thread to post the turns.

My e-mail is flameflash@mac.com when you're ready to send it on... and what's the turn order going to be? You (jrabbit), then DetroitDave if he's still in?

Comment

Sorry, but I didn't get a chance to fire up the Mac last nite. No word from DetroitDave yet.

Will do my best to get started tonight.

Comment

That's fine... lot's of stuff been going on this week anyway.

Comment

Haven't had any free time at all -- a non-Civ weekend...!
                      Still want to move this forward, though I despair of DetroitDave's participation. Still in. FlameFlash?

Comment

Certainly!

Comment

Working...
                        X