X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Challenge

Hey,

I just had an interesting idea, maybe it is fun to play:

How about we all play a single player game and switch command every 10 turs? I would setup a game, send it to evyrbody who wants to and we each do the first 10 turns. Then we rotate the save games, everybody does 10 more turns etc. We should selt a timelimit, like 2 days for the 10 turns.

Why should we do this? We could learn from each others strategies/experiences.. and it could be pretty interesting to see the "same game" take different directions?!

What we could also do is to play the same game and then check out our scores/results after every 30 turns?
    Steamweasel: will change pbem strategy gaming on the mac. http://steamweasel.sourceforge.net
    --> We still need helpers, contact me ASAP!

Well... I'd be up for that... I'm not sure I completely understand what you're wanting to do... if you're still up for it a fuller explanation would help me out.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I would definitely be interested in a game of this sort (succession game). I've seen similar done on the non-Mac forum sections and they look like fun. (See CivII - General forum under the thread "The Truest gift of the Gods." there's a couple others there as well.)

I'm pretty new at this and a succession game seems like a great way to learn and have fun.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Cool.

Well, illiria, there's three of us now... what do you think?

Comment

I would be interested as well...pm me, pls
          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

I'll suggest Deity, Raging, 7 Civs, Medium Map, and standard rules. Each participant gets 10 turns, saves the game (need to agree on How2 for this), posts it here (or start new thread), and the next in line takes their turn. When posting, include a monologue describing what happened during your turns, including research and build goals.

Everyone, confirm your participation. It would be best if we could commit to a reasonable time between turns (48 hours?) so that this moves forward briskly.

Anyone with a strong preference for which civ we play? We could be called the MacApolytonians...
            Let's rock!
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Sounds like all good plans... it'd probably need to be either this game or Call to Power... check out the Alpha Centauri mac forums... there's something similar to this running already.

Comment

I don't know anything about Call to Power or Alpha Centauri. Are those just scenarios of Civ2, or are they actual separate games? (You can see what a newbie I am...)

I'm hoping to use this (succession gaming) mostly as a learning tool (while having some fun and getting to know some of the forum denizens at the same time).

Let's get the momentum going forward here...

Comment

*nods* Both of those are other Mac games, not scenarios.

Both are probably rather cheap right now to through mac-o-rama.com too.

Comment

A bit of friendly advice (i haven't played Civ 2 in years)...

may i suggest that you stear clear call to power. In all honesty, it sucks, and you would all probably enjoy Civ to much more. But, it is only advice from a nonparticipient.

Have fun.
                    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash
                      *nods* Both of those are other Mac games, not scenarios.

Both are probably rather cheap right now to through mac-o-rama.com too.
                      FlameFlash -- Sorry, thought I was on a Civ2 forum. If it's all the same to you, I'd really rather do this as a Civ2 experience. Tough enough to learn one game at a time. Still with me?

(Notable silence from illiria)

Comment

Heh.... it looks like if we ever set it up, it'll be CivII, though thanks Admiral for the input.

Jrabbit, illiria is involved with multiple games at the moment, so it'll be a bit before he probably takes a peek at this thread again. If you want a go, it looks like it'd be you, detriot dave, and myself... want to talk settings?

(And CivII is fine with me... haven't played it in a while either (like Admiral) but it's probably just like falling off a bike! )

Comment

My suggested settings previously listed. Chose these mostly cuz I'm trying to learn how to beat deity. I'm new enough that I don't really know the implications of different map sizes. Open to suggestions. Three participants should be enough.

Teach me how to save and post and we're ready to go.

So let's rock!

Comment

To save and post all you need to do is save just like in any other game... then to post all you need to do is e-mail the next turn on to the next player.
                            Those settings sound fine by me as well.

Comment

FlameFlash -- Sorry, but not certain exactly what you mean. Save game per normal -- OK. But I thought we'd be posting a compressed file here for the next player to download and play. Likewise, posting text summaries here so all could see progress, including lurkers who might be interested. (After all, that's how I got interested in succession -- by viewing the LaFayette - moi - Smash "Greatest Gift of the Gods" thread in the Civ2-General forum.)

You seem to be suggesting attaching the saved file to an e-mail.

Detroit Dave -- you in? Your thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              X