Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Stumpy on 03-31-2000 04:02 AM

It sounds like I had the same problem as Rue... I was offered a treaty dialogue, and after closing that box it indicated that my unit had already moved... which it hadn't. So I restarted the game and tried again, it happened again, so I quit out and threw away my preferences (please don't ask me why, I have no idea), and then when I restarted and reloaded the game, after the dialogue box my unit was allowed to move.

If this happens to anyone again, please e-mail me your save-game, your preference file before you trash it, and the prefs file after you've successfully completed the turn and unit moves. I'd like to see if there's anything funny going on.

Brad
    Brad Oliver
    bradman AT pobox DOT com

Comment

Sorry for the hold up... I will get the turn just as soon as I can.

Ash

Comment

Turn 2103 --> CEO Rue of the Morganites.

Comment

Turn 2103 --> Stumpy of Spartans

BTW, I think I know why I had the problem in turn 2102 of my piece showing that it had been moved. I had tried moving it into a space containing fungus, and it simply didn't move. However, since I received no report from the game for its inability to move, I didn't realize the problem until now.

Comment

Darn that fungus!

hehe

Comment

Turn 2103 --> Jon of the Peacekeepers

The fungus thing doesn't explain what happened to me, because my unit had completed it's move the previous turn and should have been ready to go the next turn. So I'm not sure what happened.

I hope I'm not fouling up the negotiating things... I'm not quite sure how they work. If you say you accept an offer, what happens next? It's a bit confusing.
              Stumpy the Stump

Comment

Year 2104 from Peacekeepers -> Gaians.

Can everyone please send the (full) list of players with the saved game? It means you wont have to look up the names when forwarding. Thanks!

1. Illiria(Dan), Gaians, kaesmayr@topmail.de
                2. Baston, The Hive, mark.hunter@net.ntl.com
                3. Rue, Morganites, classica@clear.lakes.com
                4. Jon, Peacekeepers, JWight@bigfoot.com
                5. Stumpy, Spartans, bthornt@itsa.ucsf.edu
                6. -Ashman-, The University, brimhall@xmission.com

Comment

turn 2104 went to the hive yesterday...
                  Steamweasel: will change pbem strategy gaming on the mac. http://steamweasel.sourceforge.net
                  --> We still need helpers, contact me ASAP!

Comment

Turn 2104 --> CEO Rue

The University has begun to explore the alien terrain surrounding our newly founded base. Our first order of operation will be to investigate the Unity Pods nearby. We hope to maintain strong and peaceful relationships with our neighbors. We welcome trade!

Provost Ashman

Comment

Turn 2104 --> Stumpy

"Aaaah, worms a swarm of worms. Heeelp." These were the last words heard from the Morganite explorer.

Comment

Turn 2104 --> Jon

Strange obelisks mar the landscape here and there. At first we thought they were simple stone outcroppings, then primitive carvings, and now... well, anyway, they're good cover, if nothing else.
                        Stumpy the Stump

Comment

Turn 2105 forwarded to the Gaians.

Happy new year everyone.

Comment

Our lives in this beautiful garden of eden just got a bit better...hopefully our neighbors are not going to build up industries and exploit the planet!

turn 2105 to the hive..
                            Steamweasel: will change pbem strategy gaming on the mac. http://steamweasel.sourceforge.net
                            --> We still need helpers, contact me ASAP!

Comment

Turn 2105 --> CEO Rue

Comment

Turn 2105 --> Stumpy of Spartans

The stock market rose sharply today on the news that the scout previously feared to be lost to the worm swarm returned to the boardroom.

Comment

Working...
                                X