Help needed for update 1.1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed for update 1.1.1

I try to install the MasSoft's update Civ2Gold 1.1.1.
    Answer of my Os "An error prevented the update from completing. Update error: Civilization II Gold 1.1
    1102:2,-14
    Some help please
    Mike.doc

well...I don't have a clue what those messages actually mean and it seems no one else does either.
    This is what I would do.

1.D/L patch again from here
    2.Try installing again.

If that didn't work I would reinstall the game and try again.

If that didn't work,I would keep checking back to see if someone with a computer brain responds.

there is a troubleshooting page but I didn't see your problem in particular.

It sure would be nice to know what the different error messages actually mean.

[This message has been edited by Smash (edited January 31, 2001).]
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Ditto what Smash said. I have no idea what caused that error. During all the patch updates, I never had a problem applying the patch. I might first guess that some file somewhere is corrupt. If so repeating the download should help, as long as all the MPG files are okay.

Good Luck!

------------------
      Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
      - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
      "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Thanks already. I'd to do that because I've reinstalled Civ2gold 1.0 from the CD after corrupting my old 1.1 with too much fiddling with the colors palettes. Remember my help call about colors? I'v learn a bit about the palettes and....
        Thus all the game is new installed and update doesn't agree.
        Mike.doc

Comment

That sounds like an internal VISE updater error.

Did you, by chance, have the CD in the drive or maybe multiple Civ installations (I or II) when you ran the updater. I seem to remember that this was an issue at one time.

Another possibility... did you change anything about the installation before running the update? It could choke if it couldn't find a specific folder or file name for instance. The updater modifies the Civ II application as well as a couple of data files (including one scenario file as I recall.)

Comment

Thanks Guys , after a lot of various attempts, I've installed Civ2 1.b4. Yhe game works better. But is it an newer update after that?
            Mike.doc

Comment

Insane: Welcome to our little Mac-Civ community!

Mike.doc: The "b" in 1.b4 was for "beta" there were six beta patchs as Brian Nesse work on this application. The final version is 1.1.1 available on the ACS Mac-Civ2 Patch page and also from MacSoft/Wizard Works/Infogames. see the link that Smash posted above or on the Patch page. Also, on the patch page is the Release Note and Patch History.

So Mike.doc, does this mean you're a multiplaying Civer now? BTW, how's the wine business going?

Edit add links and info.
              ------------------
              Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
              - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
              [This message has been edited by MacUser (edited February 16, 2001).]
              "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

MacUser, thanks for the welcome, but totally unnecessary... I've been lurking (infrequently) for some time now.

Mike, Are you making wine or selling it?

Comment

Yep! I've got 1.1.1 back. Don't ask me exactly how. I 'm click-clicking everywhere and Mrs iMac suddendly accepts. More seriously I did what Smash and Steve are telling above.

About the vineyard in south of France , a lot of American people are hovering in the area. Columbus reverse! Poor Eupean natives are we
                  Mike.doc

Comment

hi,

I figured out the answer to how to update. i created a new thread with the answer. basically, what's happening is that the updater is looking for "Civilization II Gold 1.1" and when it can't find it, it spits out that cryptic error code. Thing is, it'll never find "Civilization II Gold 1.1" because the civ installer called the application "Civilization II Gold 1.0" upon installing.

To get the updater to work, rename the application to "Civilization II Gold 1.1". That's it.

regards,
                    salman

Comment

Working...
                    X