Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Front and Dark Tower Scenarios Posted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Front and Dark Tower Scenarios Posted!

The Red Front with Delevent script and Dark Tower scenarios are posted! Both seem to download okay. The Read Me file is not displaying correctly as it is a simple text file. I'll compress and post a nicer version tomorrow night.

It's been a while so I've got a lot of catching up to do! Don't worry if you've sent me a scenario and it hasn't showed up yet. It'll take me a while to update and post all the files that I have.

Let me know if you have problems or if you have a scenario (original or conversion) that you wish to post!

------------------
    "And now for something completely different..."
    - John Cleese
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Well,well..this is very exciting for MAC civers.

Can't say enough about Wulf.This guy is awesome.A million thnx!!!

D/Led ok.Looks ok.

Got some reading to do

The MAC read me is fine but I had to use claris for the pc readme.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Yeah, the PC Read Me is a bit of a novel; I used Word. The Mac Read Me has the "look and feel" of one written by a talented Mac user - until a browser gobs it all up! There should be a graphic and formating to the text. Hopefully the compress version will download correctly.

Well, I'm off to Cub Scout Den meetings. TTYL.

More stuff to come!

------------------
      - John Cleese

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

red front..

well,I'm still researching the civlopedia in June '41.Seems to be working.All texts have worked so far.Looks good.Try to resist reading strategies at Art of War.

There are some missing sounds.9 of them.This is very easy to do when you think how much work is needed to convert a big scenario like this.I sent them to Macuser.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Hmm... yep, those 9 are missing all right (relative to the PC version I assume). Thanks for catching that Smash and sending the converted files. I' ll post those and a downloadable Red Front Mac Read Me tonight, since I scuttled the Open Player Game! I'll try to post another scenario too.

Oh, BTW, I upgraded to StuffIt Deluxe ver. 5.5 and if you are not using a compatible version of StuffIt Expander (also v. 5.5 I think) you may need to download it from Aladdin Systems (Note the above Read Me was compressed with Ver 5.5).

------------------
          - John Cleese

Comment

1) Where is red front posted?
            2) I found the PC version I think, it had gifs instead of picts, correct?
            3) Is Red Front posted someplace for the Mac and not the PC?

Comment

scenarios here: http://apolyton.net/civ2/mac/Simple_scenarios.shtml

Comment

Boy this is a consistent problem. I think I'll start a new thread....

edit typo
                ------------------
                - John Cleese
                [This message has been edited by MacUser (edited September 21, 2000).]

Comment

The actual MAC civ2 page is not that easy to find.Or ,at least,easy to miss.

Most people have a forum bookmarked as their way here.Then you would need to go to the bottom of the page and click on civ2.Then do again on civ2mac.Not the easiest way in.

The front page causes my browser to freeze so I avoid it like the plague.

I think if a forum at Apoyton has a section or page it should have a link to said page at the top of the forum page.

There is a perfect one in place.The civ2-macintosh beside (moderated by macuser) would work.Same deal on other forums that have sections.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 09-21-2000 06:14 PMThe front page causes my browser to freeze so I avoid it like the plague.

Are you refering to the Civ2-Mac main page or the Civ2 main page (PC and Mac, general info)?

I have placed the 9 extra files in the Sound folder and the compressed the whole thing again with StuffIIt Deluxe 5.5. Thus to download in one step you will also need StuffIt Expander 5.5 See the page. I used Ver. 5.5 because it gave a smaller file than ver. 4.5 . I left the earlier files posted since they are Ver 4.5 and might be needed for some folks.

------------------
                    - John Cleese

Comment

I downloaded the Dark Tower scenario. But the zip-file seems not to contain a scenario-file.

Comment

Where did you get the file? The Mac version is a StuffIt (.sit) file and the "complete" compressed file requires StuffIt Expander Ver. 5.5. If you downloaded a .zip file, you quite likely have the PC version from the ACS Database (DB). The only thing that is a .zip file is the individual Delevent file, which is included in the "complete" Red Front file. Go to http://apolyton.net/civ2/mac/Simple_...l#anchor927278 and double check what you downloaded.

Now on the chance that you did get the Mac .sit file and you dont see a Civ2 Scenario file, open the file that is named "redfront.scn" with ResEdit and check that the Type and Creator lables are Cv2S and Civ2, respectively, and correct if needed. If that didn't make sense, let me know and I'll explain further.

------------------
                        - John Cleese

Comment

Thanks a lot dear Steve for all that hard adaptation work!
                          Mike.doc

Comment

I got the file from your download-page in the mac-section. When you click on the link (Dark Tower) it's still a .zip File to download. So where can I get the .sit File including the scenario-file?

Comment

I got the file from your download-page in the mac-section. When you click on the link (Dark Tower) it's still a .zip File to download. So where can I get the .sit File including the scenario-file?

Comment

Working...
                              X