Where is the ACS Civ2-Macintosh Site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the ACS Civ2-Macintosh Site?

Where is the ACS Civ2-Macintosh Site? Where are the scenarios posted? I can't find the Mac page! I hear these questions far to frequently! I think the intent of MarkG was to include a great-big, prominent, graphic link on the main Civ2 page to make it easy to find the Mac page. Link? What link? Near the top of the main Civ2 page, the third white-on-red bar reads "CIV2 FOR MAC." But you say. That's not a link! True, and your not alone (I've heard that before too), but the graphic immediately below it is the link to the Civ2 Mac main page. The graphic is the artwork from the Macintosh Civ2 MPG Ed. box (note the MacSoft logo on the bottom right corner).

If you want a direct URL to the main Civ2-Mac page to place in your favorites, use the following:
    http://apolyton.net/civ2/mac/

If you want a direct URL to the Mac Scenarios page for your favorites, use the following:
    http://apolyton.net/civ2/mac/Simple_scenarios.shtml

Perhaps a more distinctly Macintosh image would be better than the MPG box artwork. Maybe an iMac or an Apple image? We could propose something to DanQ and MarkG if you think it would help.

edit: add DanQ too, no slight intended
    ------------------
    "And now for something completely different..."
    - John Cleese
    [This message has been edited by MacUser (edited September 23, 2000).]
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

We could propose something to MarkG if you think it would help

and DanQ!

----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

who?
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

DanQ, you know, that guy who got the kooshy job and the red Fiat for a signing bonus. We need to fob off some of our problems and suggestions directly to him so he'll feel more loved and needed! So, as a first lov'n task, do you think that you can muck out that Australian Tea House? I heard the board of health was going to have a word with the proprietor!

------------------
        - John Cleese

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

MarkG announced in the Apolyton Forum that he added a caption to the graphic link to help distinguish the graphic as specifically for Macintosh. Thanks MarkG! Take a look and see it that helps.

I'm going to replace this thread with one including the change and pointing out the links. Maybe I'll use screen shots of the graphic and text links....

------------------
          - John Cleese

Comment

I removed the "stickiness" to this thread (Detopped). I assume that the original problem is solved and it no longer needs to be on top. Let me know if I'm wrong.

------------------
            Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
            - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,

Comment

Working...
            X