No announcement yet.

Colonization II??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Microprose no longer existed; weren't they bought by Atari or something?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I recall that when Firaxis bought the rights to Pirates! a while back, it was part of a package that included Colonization.
      Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Bumping this thread for the benefit of t-force
        "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Just looking a the ColToo project. It looks like they could use some guidance. As I see it, they don't even have a design document. Pretty hard to do anything without that.

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Isn't the file by Rock Wagondriver in the new sticky thread there a design document?

Comment

Indeed it is. Just read. If they ever get around to implementing all that stuff, this is one game I'll definately play.

They could do with some artists, though.

Asmodean
              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

They could do with some fixed parameters for artists to work with, although putting the cart before the horse does seem pretty central to the project's approach...

Comment

He should send death threats to Sid saying he's gonna die real soon if they don't start working on Colonization II.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I fail to see the greatness of Colonization or the need for a sequel. Granted I haven´t played it much, but still...
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Personally, I find the time period to be particularly appropriate to the whole 'build-cities-to-achieve-economic-and/or-military-dominance' theme of the Civ genre. Ending the game with a war for independence also is a lot more satisfying than any of the more specious victory conditions in Civ.

Comment

I can't wait for this game as Colonization was a favorite of mine back in the day.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

While Colonization was enjoyable, what I´d really like to see is a combination between SMAC/X and Civ III. That would truly be the greatest game in history!!

But if Colonization II becomes a reality, I´ll check it out nevertheless

Comment

Firaxis is currently doing an inquiry about which old title should get a sequel:
                            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

currently AC leads colonization 37 to 35

Comment

Wohoo!

Comment

Working...
                                X