Colonization II??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonization II??

Has anyone heard if and when this is going to be worked on? By Sid and Company?

I know about the freeware project at CGN..

And I know Sid and gang are working on Pirates.

But I haven't heard anything about Colonization II in ages.
    Last edited by conmcb25; September 20, 2004, 06:57.
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Wow, lots of views and no comments, has anyone heard any rumors at all?
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

CDG?

You got a link for them? I would like to have a look at how the game is progressing
      insert some tag here

Comment

Actually its CGN

Comment

Colonization II Project

(and the link)

Comment

honestly i would rather see Civ IV have the engine that could handle a full-blown colonization scenario.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by piratebrun
              honestly i would rather see Civ IV have the engine that could handle a full-blown colonization scenario.
              I could live with that

Comment

no, new colonisation game would be better. I wonder when is going that colonisation II project to be finished...
                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

Thats what I was wondering hence the thread in the first place.

Comment

But You were asking about Sid, and this is not a Sid project, right?
                    Nah, I think the first time I visited this forum some years ago it was on a similar level
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

Oh, I agree, a new colonization, master of magic, and alpha centauri would be better IF civ4's engine is not build to the modding standards of making those games as full scenarios. However I doubt civ4 will be that robust, so yeah, those games will probably be best as standalones if they are released.
                      Brian

Comment

It would be great if you could recreate the Colonization trade system , unit model, and continental congress in a C4 scenario. How customizable might a Col2 be?

Comment

There's also Freecol in java.
                          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Who owns Colonization?

Does Firaxis have the rights to do Col2, or would they have to buy it from Microprose? Have they done so already? Perhaps they'd buy it to incorporate it into Civ4?

Comment

Has anyone tried making a SMAC scen for CivIII?
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                              X