Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Font problem with Civ II Gold in Classic (Mac OS X 10.3.3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try looking for the font that Civ II uses and then looking in the various places OS X keeps fonts to see whether you actually have a copy of the font. If you don't get one and place it in the folder (you might have to enable root access for some folders).
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by clueless
      Here's a screencap:
      Hmm, very odd. Yes, it looks like maybe you don't have the appropriate fonts installed in your OS 9 system, and the system is attempting to do what it can to compensate.

Or maybe your default font (and or sizes) are set oddly... sorry been a long time since I've been in the OS 9 control panels... Appearance probably?

Comment

Clueless...

I use Gadget personally in Classic... it was the system font I chose and when I went to X.2 and later X.3 I still see evidence of that setting in anything Classic I run.

You just need to change the system font to whatever you want it to be in Appearance (I think). If you upgraded to X.3 on an older comp, boot into 9 and change it that way (easier). Otherwise it's very strange that it even has occured and you should follow what Agathon has been saying about it.
        I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Just tried to install OS9 in a G4 Cube and it doesn't take.
          The "Classic" environment requires 9.1 or later.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

if nothing of agathon and flameflash works, ask your friend who have the ibook to make a copy on a CD of his classic folder ...

then, drag handly from that CD the classic folder and put it in your main HD
            ( it must be with your X Applicatons folder, Library and so on )

open in X your System Preferences, click on Classic and choose the OS9 system folder you just put in before ---> this says to X what classic folder is the good one ...

then : rebuild the desktop of your classic environnment ( still in X System Preferences )

restart your computer and go to apple.com ... search for the last update ( it should be the 10.3.4 ) and update your computer, even you have already 10.3.4 installed on your g4 cube

reinstall your civ2 or throw in the trash the prefs of your civ2
            ( yourHD>Classic system folder>preferences )

open your civ2 application and tell me if it works now please

• slytherin forever •
            http://www.wizardworkingonweb.net/

Comment

Working...
            X