Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Henrik

That'd be 2 Am for me

Is there no chance for a game during the morning or afternoon EST?

I'm on CET (central european time, ie EST+6).
    Well, our attempt was met w/ a few crashes and a a hang-up that kept us from playing once everyone hit start. Valkyie.net was down, so Muzein hosted. Henrik, I'm up for trying this week. I can host or maybe Valkryie.net will be back up. During the week days, I can probably play between 12 pm - 3 pm EST. Im a school teacher and out for the summer. My son usually naps during these hours. Weekends, I can try earlier but would have to schedule it, family and all you know.
    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash
      So, this is a RTS right?
      Yes, but the rate of time passage can be changed to suit your play style(or like me fast during slow periods, slow during wars and such). its one of the few RTS games that doesn't feel like an RTS, more like Civ than anything else.

What i like about this game is that it has a grand scope. I'm currently playing Austria in the Grand Campaign(my first game) and i love how i feel apart of the times, from the country dependant special events to the plain random events( that truly effect your nation both in the short and long term). For the first time since i played Civ2 and Col, i have a game that is engrossing, and gives me that one more time feeling. I really believe that this is what Civ3 should have been, i've seen in this alot of ideas that i hope are implemented in Civ4(stability is one major one). I really am interested in RON now more than ever after playing this game. I also think that Civ3 may lose out to this game more and more becuase of EU2's far greater value and depth(captures the wonder of Civ2).

Agathon, keep in there its taken me a good bit of time to understand the game, it does have a good manual, but this is one of those games you have to learn by playing, its worth it(i am learning the game and having fun at the same time).

Comment

Originally posted by dojoboy
        Well, our attempt was met w/ a few crashes and a a hang-up that kept us from playing once everyone hit start. Valkyie.net was down, so Muzein hosted. Henrik, I'm up for trying this week. I can host or maybe Valkryie.net will be back up. During the week days, I can probably play between 12 pm - 3 pm EST. Im a school teacher and out for the summer. My son usually naps during these hours. Weekends, I can try earlier but would have to schedule it, family and all you know.
        Valkryie net is up now it seems, what day would you like to play?
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Valkryie net is up now it seems, what day would you like to play?
          Muzein and I are planning to meet at Vnet tomorrow (Wednesday - 7 July) around 12:30 pm. Meet us there if you can. Also, I'll probably be around vnet tonight around 11 pm EST (US). You want to wake up early?
          I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."

Comment

11 pm might be a little early (5 in the morning over here ). I'll try to get online 12:30 (which would be 6.30 in the morning, still a little early but I'll try).

Hmmm or did I get that wrong? I am somewhat unused to the AM/PM thing. As we use the european system in Sweden (where 01:00 would be one in the morning and 13:00 would be one in the afternoon).

Technically I should have no trouble getting up early as I'm on my summer break from school right now, in practice I still find it hard (if not harder) to get up early in the mornings though

Henrik

Comment

11 pm might be a little early (5 in the morning over here ). I'll try to get online 12:30 (which would be 6.30 in the morning, still a little early but I'll try).

Hmmm or did I get that wrong? I am somewhat unused to the AM/PM thing. As we use the european system in Sweden (where 01:00 would be one in the morning and 13:00 would be one in the afternoon).

Technically I should have no trouble getting up early as I'm on my summer break from school right now, in practice I still find it hard (if not harder) to get up early in the mornings though

Henrik
              then its 12:30 - 1300 on Wednesday (2 July).

Comment

Well that puts things in an entirely different light

I'll be around for sure then 18:30-19.00 is not a difficult time

Sorry about the confusion

Comment

Mac EU2 patch 1.0.2 released, but hold off. A "panic-bug" was introduced and is currently being fixed in an update. This bug really doea make the game unplayable w/ troops. Basically, both sides enter pitched battles at the panic level, which leads to the attacking army's defeat and withdrawal. I had a 65k stroing French force defeated by Savoy's 14k size army. The 1.0.2 patch does have a lot of good fixes all in all, but you'll want to wait. The fix will be out sooner than later.

1.0.2 @ Macgamefiles

1.0.2 @ VP

Comment

Pause is now '/' key as well as the Pause (F15) key
                    Does this mean ctrl+s doesn't do this anymore?

Also it seems the old version didn't really work as it should in MP (or atleast I managed to get it to crashed in the Vnet loby). Is that better now?

I will wait for a fix for the panic bug before downloading this thing...

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. When I get good at this I'll give someone a game.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

The panic bug has now been fixed as of version 1.022.

Comment

Excellent. Thanks. Nice new OS X icon too.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

MP

Originally posted by dojoboy
                            then its 12:30 - 1300 on Wednesday (2 July).

Seems I was wrong about making it to that date and time sorry.
                            Still I'd love to try again, are you up for it?
                            Any day should work for me as long as I know in advance...

Comment

This game sounds good.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X